Last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night...

This is just a fleeting thought, I have not had a chance to think it all the way through yet, so bear with me please.

I think there should be a way to involve UKSean in this as well. I think it is wonderful so many people have rallied behind his (hopefully) temporary homelessness, but it takes a BIG person to accept handouts, you really have to swallow a lot of pride and dignity to do so.

So as you are planning on giving up in order to help another in need, do you think it would be beneficial to ask UKSean what he might be willing to give up in order to be the recipient of the collective goodness? (See, the thought is still unformed). Maybe not "give up", but be allowed to participate in some way so that he is not always only on the receiving end? A man has to be able to keep his dignity after all, even if he doesn't own much.

Please help me think this thought through, I may be way off base please tell me also if I am. thanks.
    vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Last night...

Rich has just said for every FULL mile I run he will give me 20 pounds
      I better get training
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Last night...

Cycle I think he would be delighted to help in any way he could

Comment

Last night...

I don't think you are off base at all CF, and I am sure he would love to participate- but I don't know what he could give up at the moment...

Comment

Last night...

OK, maybe not "give up"...I'm not making myself very clear here sorry.

I have had to accept charity from my friends in the past, and I found it very difficult to do so. I was just saying perhaps someone who knows UKSean better than I do could approach him to see how he might like to participate...

Comment

Last night...

Yes, Oney this is like what I was trying to say. I'm not saying make a condition of it, just let him know that passing it on is sufficient enough to pay us back. It's a matter of dignity, like I said. Charity is hard to take sometimes.

one2many;603229 wrote: Maybe he could help the homeless himself....volunteer in the soup kitchens or handing out the teas and blankets etc, they are always looking for volunteers???

Just a thought?

Comment

Last night...

He has volunteered before and I am absolutely certain that as soon as he's sorted he will do again

Comment

Last night...

I think a lot of people who help in the homeless shelters and soup kitchens etc do so because they have been there themselves and understand what people are going through.

I think Sean was a bit overwhelmed today...I am sure he will be in touch tomorrow.

Comment

Last night...

Im sure he is totally overwhelmed, however I LOVE the idea of helping one person (caps intended!) , instead of one organisation, so much money gets lost in admin.And I couldnt think of a more worthy recipiant...

Comment

Last night...

luCKy;603194 wrote: Perfect name- A Pound Lost, A Pound Gained!

I already dontated my maximum but will be rooting for you!
                      Thanks Lucky!

Comment

Last night...

Oh, I am just so gosh darn bloody proud of all of you.
                        L.
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Last night...

marbella;602745 wrote:
                          if you click here there is a donation button at the top of the page now. It seems to work- finally
                          Thanks, the link worked fine for me.

Blessings to those that are working especially hard to help Sean. Phenomenal to get the sponsors, set up the paypal link etc. We are all connected and I know Sean can't help but feel the love here.

Big hugs, :l
                          Eve11
                          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X