Ordered Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered Naltrexone

I think I spelled that right. Well I did It. The only hesitation was the cost. I am racking up the bills these days. Anyway I wish it didn't take so long to get here but at least I am getting it. I look forward to starting. For those of you that have taken it, is there a point when you go off it or is it something you need to take for good.
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Ordered Naltrexone

I only take Naltrexone when my cravings are very bad and take Baclofen along with it. Baclofen is what I use more for a long term maintenance med because it has no side effects for me (other than takes the desire to drink away) and it is less expensive. I think that for the first few months of sobriety you will need to have lots of tools to rely on to help you when the cravings hit. I will have 1 year almost completely alcohol free in just a few weeks and I know that I could not have done that without meds. There is no magic pill but these meds sure make a huge difference and gave me the power to say no when AL come knocking at my door...Without them I would probably still be drinking. Today i don't take any meds on a regular bases but I have many of them always near by in case life gets stressful and I start to get that drinking thinking...I run for the meds...nal has helped me very much several times...I pray it helps you too.
    The meds is just the first step to get some AF time under your belt so you can start to really deal with the underlying issues that need to be dealt with. I think you have made a good decision.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

Thanks Evie. I did well on the Topa a long time ago but it lowered my BP so much I could not take it. I was so happy back then. I can't wait to be there again! I know it will take lots of work but I am sure this will help a ton.
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

hi twinsmommy & evie...
        Thinking of trying the naltrexone too.Like you twinsmommy,i keep falling off the wagon.Is there anywhere you can buy it over the counter?I don't have a credit card to purchase from the net.
        Really need to try and get some help with going af.
        It beats me everytime!

xx
        "Just when i was getting used to yesterday,along came today"
        Bring it on!

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

Hi Annie
          I think we were in chatroom earlier today, i had to shut down as my daughter was trying to see what i was writing, how are you feeling i'm still really anxious

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

Hi Anniemac, I am very sure you have to get it from a doc. Idon't know if it would be easier over there but I had no luck w/docs over here. If you cannot get a doc to write you a script for it you may try to have them give you topamax. maybe better luck w a psychiatrist for that. That is what I did. many including me ha success w the Topamax, i just had to stop b/c it lowered my blood pressure to 80/60. But I don't think that is common. Other that that you may want to consider getting a credit card or even bank debit for this. You could also call River and see if they may do check over the phone or something. Good luck and let me know

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

I have a Canada site that carries it as well. PM me and you can contact them and ask what they can do ??? cashiers check....maybe ???
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Ordered Naltrexone

You can also set up a paypal account that links to a debit card for most internet sites when purchasing something. Annie, you may want to check into that as well.

Comment

Working...
                X