Amazed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazed..

To everyone on MWO I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    I am deeply touched (although people have said I was touched many years ago ))

In this oh too often cynical world it is times like these that give me back my faith in mankind.
    I let the ripple keep going by buying a warm jumper and a nice wooly hat from Oxfam and the British heart Foundation so the money carrys on helping others.
    M.W.O. should stand for My Wonderful Otherhalves.
    Love to all of you..
    Sean...

TYFE:l
    It's nice to be important, however it's more important to be nice

Amazed..

Sean

I have never thought of it like that- I suppose really every time we spend money we are helping someone, somewhere.

That's something I really miss over here in Spain- no charity shops. Britain is full of them, there are 2 in Barcelona, but it is not the norm over here.

A few people have started second hand stuff businesses over the years I have been here, but they never last very long- the concept of used stuff isn't something the Spanish seem to understand!

Its a shame.

Comment

Amazed..

Sean, you are most welcome. You have given back for what you have been given. I can't remember what that saying is, but basically, give and you shall receive.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Amazed..

Sean, I get this nice smile on my face when I read about you. I can feel it on the inside. I'm sure everyone else does to. Like pan said... what we gave we are receiving in another way. :l
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Amazed..

Hi UKSean!

Just LOVE your new picky! Looks just right for you - NO SURRENDER! (it was him, right? My hubby's always taking the piss out of me being an airhead now I'm not working but that's another matter .... I digress ... I blame the TOPA!)

So glad you're doing well - sounds as if you're getting back on your feet. Love the fact that you've got a roof over your head, even though you're sharing at the mo - but you'll get there.

CHARITY SHOPS - love them!! - work in one myself. And do you know what I love about it - getting to know the regulars ... from all walks of life. And there goes one of my well-loved sayings again "what goes around comes around".

Well done UKSean - you're on the way up and soon you'll be back up where you deserve to be.

Hey, MARBELLA, when I was out down your neck of the woods recently (am presuming but forgive me if I'm wrong) I was really sad to see that a lot of the ex-pat 2nd hand trading shops had closed down since last year - nearest really to charity shops I suppose (obviously without the charity element (!)) - shame they don't have the same ethos over there, I wonder why?

Keep at it UKSean and keep in touch!

Comment

Amazed..

Sean,
            I am so pleased you are able to be warm, have shelter, food, and medical care. Life will continue to brighten for you. I know it!
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Amazed..

PHOTOGIRL;605281 wrote:

Hey, MARBELLA, when I was out down your neck of the woods recently (am presuming but forgive me if I'm wrong) I was really sad to see that a lot of the ex-pat 2nd hand trading shops had closed down since last year - nearest really to charity shops I suppose (obviously without the charity element (!)) - shame they don't have the same ethos over there, I wonder why?

Keep at it UKSean and keep in touch!
              Yes it's odd- Since I came to live here over the years about 6 secondhand shops have opened in my town, but never last very long. The expats rave about them, but the Spanish don't use them, and I guess there aren't enough expats to keep them going.

Its a shame!

Comment

Amazed..

What is an expat?
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Amazed..

Short for Expatriate- someone who has moved from their country of birth to live in another country- there are lots of Brits, Germans and French living in my area. (North of Spain).

Comment

Working...
                  X