Volunteering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volunteering...

I have read posts about doing things for others and read cycles great post about me being involved so........Last night I volunteered to wash all the dish's after supper everynight it is not much , but it is my part to give back to those who are helping me.(staff usualy wash's them)

When I volunteered at the soup kitchen in Montana I used to think "there but for the grace of God go I" and by the grace of God I found you people and you have lifted me to a place of love and hope.
    What happened this week is proof what we can all do ..even at a little at a time.
    I love you all...
    Sean X

TYFE:l
    It's nice to be important, however it's more important to be nice

Volunteering...

P.S.

I am also going to contact Brighton and Hove council to see about starting a food drive, like discounts to events if you donate cans of food. The football season is winding down but the cricket season has just started maybe I can get Sussex Cricket club to reduce admission if people donate food???

Just some thoughts
    Sean X...

Comment

Volunteering...

sounds great Sean and you sound good...hope youve a great weekend.

Comment

Volunteering...

Hi Sean

Your positive atttitude is an example to all of us!

Are you sorted for the weekend? What's the hostel like? More importantly, what are the other people like? Is it scary or are you making some friends?

Let us know how you are doing.

Best Wishes
        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Volunteering...

Shelter..

There are 14 of us in the church hall. and of course there are some characters
          we sleep on a 3 inch foam mattress dosent sound like much but it beats the hell out of a concrete floor in an underground garage hiding so you dont get found (thats scarry)
          We get toast,cereal,coffee, tea for breakfast, I can go to a day centre 3 times a week for a afternoon meal that costs only a pound and the food is good. We get fed everynight at the shelter lights out is at 11 and on at 7:30. there is a shower and a place to wash cloth's.
          Staff are great, they care about you and dont see there work as a job more as a conviction.
          Thats about it.
          Love Sean x

Comment

Volunteering...

Sean I have no doubt that you are doing all you can possibly do right now to keep your spirits high, live, and help others along your path and doing so sober! I do not think many of us could accomplish what you have and remain sober. Keep on keeping on honey...
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Volunteering...

I saw this avatar and thought it perfect... v for victory.
              Sean X

Comment

Volunteering...

Soup! Soap and Salvation! What more do you need?

Only joking Sean! Love the new avatar, you may have been out of the country for a while but you still have the British Spirit - Triumph over Adversity!
                If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Volunteering...

Sean, you are an inspiration to all of us you know!
                  I am very happy for you my friend.
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Volunteering...

What an amazing positive attitude you have Sean, I just know it will see you through this, and you will quickly come out the other side.

I had a thought, might not be very apt, (lots of my ideas aren't, LOL) but what about blogging about your experiences? You could buy a cheap digital camera (or I am sure someone has an old one they no longer use that they could send) and keep an online diary of how this journey unfolds for you? I think it would make absolutely fascinating reading.

I can show you how to put some advertising on the blog, and therefore you can make a bit of money from it too? You would already have dozens of readers from here, and I bet other people would soon be following you. It can be set up free it doesn't cost anything, and you could update it from the library until you have a place with your own PC again.

I don't know if you enjoy doing things like that- I do, but blogging about someone coming into the shop and buying a tin of Heinz soup probably wouldn't enthrall anyone much :H

Comment

Volunteering...

Marby, another GREAT idea!
                      And Sean being a natural writer, it would be perfect!

Comment

Volunteering...

Sean, I am a believer in that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we don't know what that is and I have asked myself many times over my life, how could something that has happened to me be for a reason.

But you know what? It always has been and my life has improved because of it. I just couldn't see it at the time.

Keep strong mate.
                        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                        AF May 23 09 to July 09
                        AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Volunteering...

I totally agree with that statement Pan...the same has happened to me too.

Comment

Volunteering...

Just read Marby's post. Don't know how things happen on the other side of the world, but a Current Affairs show usually gets results if you put the story to them in the right way.
                            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                            AF May 23 09 to July 09
                            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Volunteering...

Hi Sean . . .

Great to hear the feedback . . .

Prayers and Positive Energy go out to You to Always Find Happyness and Healthfulness.

It is wonderful to hear your positive thoughts.

All the best with your tests.

:l

God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X