Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard for me to hold it together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lost everything to AL and just want to stop. I see the light at the end of the tunnel but I just keep goin down hill even though I thought I was at rock bottom! If I could just kepp it together till the meds get here I know I can get away from this hell but it sure sucks for now. I just want to be better!
    One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Twins- I too really had a hard time until I started taking meds.

You have ordered yours- just try to hang on in there until they come.

I hope they arrive quickly for you, in the meantime, perhaps you could try eating a big protein rich meal everytime a craving hit? I have found this has worked for me quite well, if I don't allow the Al thoughts don't over-ride the eating ones.

Comment

Thank you I hope they get here sooner than the 14 days. I was contimplating taking the Topa again in the meantime regardless of side effects but by the time I dosed up to where I would need to be they would get here and I would have to dose down. I just keep praying no more disasters until then.
      One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your 3 closest friends...If they seem OK then you are the one.

Comment

Just try to keep busy and do whatever it takes to stay away from it- make dates to see non-drinking friends and family, get some good books/movies in anything to keep you busy.

As you are going to try Naltrexone you might try to get a copy of Dr. Eskapa's book?

Amazon.com: The Cure for Alcoholism: Drink Your Way Sober Without Willpower, Abstinence or Discomfort: Roy Eskapa PhD, David Sinclair PhD: Books

It also does a very good job of answering the title of you thread!

Praying for you that it arrives quickly.

Comment

twinsmommy, just remember why you want to be sober and how important it is to you. YOU CAN DO THIS.
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09
          AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you, and it seems like you just can't hang on a minute longer, Never give up. For that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hang in there!!
              Sending strength and positive vibes
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thank you all. Yes going to do Naltrexone and gonna check out the book

Comment

Working...
                X