Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Monday 04 May 2009

Hi everyone :-)

Decided I'd try to post on here every day, so here I am...

Day 5 AF under my belt... Have to admit I feel a bit wired in the evenings, having trouble falling asleep and have woken up the last two nights bathed in sweat and had to get myself a towel!

On the bright side, I am happier, not anxious and depressed and starting to feel confident again.. A fair trade off I reckon, seeing as the withdrawal symptoms will only get better and continuing to drink will only make my mental health worse..

How are you all doing?

David x

So all in all, I'm going pretty well :-)
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Angel, my slow cooked lamb fell off the bone and didn't need to be chewed, it just dissolved in my mouth...Mmmmm
      What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

G'day Dave,
        Congratulations on 5 days af! That is an awesome achievement. Hopefully you're through the sweats soon. My sleep started to return to normalish after around 8 days ish, i think. Different for everyone, but great going. Have you read the 'toolbox' thread?... if no, there are some useful tips on early af time. Take care, and Bravo on 5 days!....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Cheers Guitarista :-)

What do you play?

I have a very nice Maton Cutaway C80 Acoustic that I should start picking up again!

David

Comment

Ahh. lovely. I play all sorts of stringed things. I have a nice strat too. Yep, pick up that axe! I couldn't think of anything better to do actually.........Best wishes mate, i'm off. Catch you later, and roll on day 6!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi guys - fellow Australasian and newbie (day 4)

Thought you might like this - I hadn't checked this thread out because I assumed it was for people who had got drunk the night before :H (No wise-cracks about the intelligence of Kiwis :nutso I was too scared to look at the thread cos I thought it might trigger a drinking binge for me (the power of suggestion etc...)

Anyway, David just found me on another thread and pointed me this way. 1.00pm over here so better try and get some kip. Great to find this thread

Boo

Comment

[QUOTE=Waving_not_drowning;606681]Hi everyone :-)

Decided I'd try to post on here every day, so here I am...

Day 5 AF under my belt... Have to admit I feel a bit wired in the evenings, having trouble falling asleep and have woken up the last two nights bathed in sweat and had to get myself a towel!

On the bright side, I am happier, not anxious and depressed and starting to feel confident again.. A fair trade off I reckon, seeing as the withdrawal symptoms will only get better and continuing to drink will only make my mental health worse..

How are you all doing?

David x

Dave, congratrulations on Day 5 AF. So good on you. Hey, at least you're not menopausal when these bathed in sweat things happen to us women all the time for some. Thank yourself lucky for being a man.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

BTW way Dave, keep posting daily. You will make great friends here.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Working...
                  X