Kids ~ ouch . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids ~ ouch . . .

Optimist or Pessimist? If you break a mirror do you really have 7 years bad luck.

Here's what went down over the course of this passed weekend. Polar decided to take her grandchildren for the weekend while mommy and grandpa went to mommies place to do some repairs.

Friday night Polar accidentally broke a mirror. Her thought immediately was 7 Years Bad Luck (an aunties told her that as a child). I refuse to believe in such an outcome over an accident.

Saturday, Polar took her grandchildren to MacDonalds because they love the Play Place.
    On the way home the car overheats. Oops - 1st thought, we will be stranded 45 minutes from home - Rats to that. Next thought, well there is a Canadian Tire and a Zellers so we can window shop while the Canadian Tire technician analyzes the problem.

After approx. 1/2 hour the tech (tire repair person - not a mechanic) spoke to his Service Manager and came over to tell me they need to put the car on the hoist to get a better look. I asked what is there hourly rate? $72/ hour the young man replied. I called Hubby for advise.

Now then, you can't very well leave a large dog in the car while a total stranger lifts the car into the air and takes the car for some test runs. (Can you)? (I don't think so Tim).

Who knew
    one little metal and wooden toy, a water cooler, a dog and one creative grandmother could keep 2 small children busy (for 3 more hours) in a small waiting room which peered out into the garage so we could watch the mechanic as he worked.

Finally, the Service Manager comes out and says, "we've tested it numerous times and from what we can tell, there must have been air in one of the lines". Then I asked how much is the bill and the good man says $42.93.

Point in case, a broken mirror does not mean 7 years bad luck, it means get over it and move on with your life.

Have a Great Day Eh! :l

Kids ~ ouch . . .

Very funny (in hindsight anyway) and educational. Thanks, it will help me keep an open mind.
    may we be well

Comment

Kids ~ ouch . . .

hehehehehe...bet you went 'phew' when he told you the amount!!!

Comment

Kids ~ ouch . . .

One VERY creative grandmother!!!! Grandkids....mmmmm.....that sounds good - I've got a few years to wait yet though (at least I hope so!)

Boo :-)

Comment

Working...
        X