Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something beautiful...

To all,

When I told my stepmom that I was doing this program (she's the third person I've told besides partner and doctor), she sent me this, she THINKS written by Nelson Mandela (please correct if anyone knows) that many of you might have read before. I'm sending it on, because I read some posts in which people are down on themselves, so I thought it was uplifting. She sent it to me simply because I have taken the steps to change my life: (P.S. No religious intentions or affiliations meant here)

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of GOD. Your playing small doesn't ever serve the world. There's nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us. It's in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others..."

Okay, long enough lunch for me, back to work to make some $$$.

Something beautiful...

Thank you for sharing that! Just beautiful!! :thanks: Gina

Comment

Something beautiful...

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I'm a child of God and he is the King..........that must make me a Princess!!!

Nancy & Belle

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Something beautiful...

Thanks - needed to read something like that right now. I'm going out tonight (meeting a friends new boyfriend and playing trivia at a bar) and have decided to work from home tomorrow....nice set up for being able to drink whatever I want to tonight. I needed a reason to change those thoughts in my head....that helped. Now I will say this to a 3rd drink = :no:

I do think that was Nelson Mandela....I have heard it once before

Thanks
        Lisa

Comment

Something beautiful...

Midnight

I think that could quite possibly be the lovliest thing that i have ever heard...i am going to write it down and keep it with me all the time...thank you for sharing that with us.

Lots a love
          Lou-Lou x x x
          "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Something beautiful...

I didn't say no to the third drink....but I said no to the fourth.

Just read this again. Not staying up...going to bed.

thanks

Comment

Something beautiful...

Lisa,

Way to go! :yay: :happy: :wd:

I know after I have my third, it's all downhill for me.

I did get the baclofen yesterday. I had about 1/2 cup of wine last night (only because it was in the house)

I think my true test will be when I am around unlimited amounts of alcohol.

Anyway I love the way I feel this morining and happier than ever that I found this place:happyheart:

Rachele
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Something beautiful...

love it

That was beautiful! Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts all you guys!:thanks:

Have a great day, I know this helped me start mine off in the right frame of mind! :l :h

Love,

Mary Anne

Comment

Something beautiful...

Thanks, Midnight, for reminding me of this!

Nelson Mandela did say this in his 1994 inaugural address, but he was quoting Maryanne Williamson in A Return to Love: Reflections of a Course in Miracles.

Her work is truly inspiring--and A Course in Miracles is a remarkable spiritual path.
                  :h
                  susan
                  "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Something beautiful...

Thanks Susan - I was about to do some sort of reverse quotation lookup. Another friend of mine asked where it came from.

Comment

Something beautiful...

thanks rachele-
                      it was not as easy as I was hoping last night but i made it ok- thanks for the nice words
                      and this morning was sweet - felt great when i got to the gym and didn't feel awful

guess i was working on being 'talented and fabulous'!!

lisa

Comment

Working...
                      X