Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If You Are Not Being Successful

Hi All
    I just wanted to put this out their.I have been trying to control -stop-my drinking for a long time.I have tried different ways and until this time for what ever reason I wasn't successful.The one thing I did realize all those years was if something wasn't working to keep trying and searching.MWO has been the key for me this time.With the support from the people here to the info I have gotten I have found away to push al out of my life. That said if I was not being successful I would be searching other ways to stop.If you are not achieving the success you hoped for here look at other ways to fight this problem.It doesn't mean giving up MWO but maybe combined with some other approach you will achieve success. If their was one way or key out of this mess we would all be using it.Don't keep accepting"slipping" [hate that word f^%$ ing UP is more like it]. The younger you get al out of your life the easier it will be.Al has been way to big a part of my life for over 40 + years.No getting that time back.Don't cheat yourself or your family out of the life you deserve.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Hi Caysea,
    I have been struggling with alcohol for many years. I go to AA, but I'm still waiting for this higher power that they talk about. I had so much to drink a week ago that my husband thought I was going to die, at the time I wished I had. I don't know what will become of me. I have a wonderful family, to who I am causing so much pain. The problem is I don't know how to stop.
    I do have the mwo book, plus AA literature. I am begining to think I'm a lost cause.

Comment

Good Job Caysea, I had tried and failed and I have one year almost completely AF free coming up on MAY 14th and it is mostly because of the things I learned here from the wonderful people on this site.
      So Paula I hope you see that you are NOT ALONE and that you are in NO WAY a LOST CAUSE.
      Now you have us and we understand. We are all in this together and together we can HEAL. Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay close to this site. I look forward to getting to know you !!!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

well said cay ..

paula your higher power isnt something you can see or feel .. its inside you and everyone here .. sure it might be god ,the tree,how ever you want to think about ..but really when it all come down to it its within you .. let it out just know thwere is life without al being in the picture
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

MWO has been the key for me this time
          What in particular? Medication? Supplements? Hypnotherapy?

I am struggling to control my drinking. I am losing that struggle.

I need some help from you guys here.

Thanks
          D2M

Comment

Caysea that was very well put. I think we all need a number of tools to help us, MWO being just 1. For me, MWO was the final piece in the puzzle though
            D2M and Paula. I think the key is never to give up looking and trying different things. Whether it is meds, supps, counselling, online support groups, AA, psychotherapy, hypnotheraphy or all of these.
            Here is excellent for information, inspiration, and support. Also for making yourselves accountatble. I find visiting every day (many times a day usually :-)) following a plan and grabbing and giving support works for me.
            Good luck to you both and thank you for these thoughts Caysea
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

drink2much;609120 wrote: What in particular? Medication? Supplements? Hypnotherapy?

I am struggling to control my drinking. I am losing that struggle.

I need some help from you guys here.

Thanks
              D2M
              For me it was the support and the tools i.e. making sure no AL in the house, buying no Al, not going to places where I might be tempted to have AL. Sometimes taking it one day, hour minute at a time. My favourite mantra that got me through was 'Just for today I will not drink'. The motivation I got was from spending alot of time reading stuff on the forum and when I felt a craving I just stayed on the laptop all evening or at least until after the off licence was closed. Tell yourself that you can do it and you will. Good Luck

Comment

I agree with Caysea & startingover - keep trying new things, keep adding to your defences, and CHANGE your old routines.

startingover;609131 wrote: Whether it is meds, supps, counselling, online support groups, AA, psychotherapy, hypnotheraphy or all of these.
                I've tried all these things and more - big shout out for exercise! Some of them didn't work for me but might work for other people. Don't give up - try everything. What have you got to lose?
                sigpic
                AF since December 22nd 2008
                Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

It feels so good to be back on mwo, Iv'e been away too long.
                  Thanks for being here.

Comment

[QUOTE]..but really when it all come down to it its within you .. let it out just know thwere is life without al being in the picture[/QUOTE

Cay, As you said. You have to keep trying. It's different for each of us but it's there inside of us. We just have to find it. There really is such a thing as life without AL.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

caysea,

Wonderful job 1 year AF

Your post was very meaningful to me. I agree, a combination of tools may needed to reach your goal. We are all different in that we all have different learning methods. So, whatever it takes...............just do it.

I'm at 6 weeks AF now, will never attempt to drink again, I know now that I just can't.

Stay well and congrats again on your success. Your hard work is paying off, finally!

Lavande
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Caysea,
                        This is an encouraging post. This is what beginners need to see, need to know. That it takes a long time to figure out what works for them. As I continue on my journey here, I get better and better, because I'll pick up a new tool and start hammerin' away. Every new thing may not work, but take that knowledge and move onto something else. Someone said, "What do you have to lose?" You have your life to lose, your loved-ones. What's worse? They can lose you.
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Caysea, wonderful post mate!

Paula, glad you are back. Use this site as the resource it's meant to be. Don't sit back.....let us know how we can help you.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Loved the post Caysea..I dont want to waste anymore time..
                            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, Caysea. Yep, i've wasted too much time, and i feel i have given myself, or been given, a new lease of life. It's getting better, and it sure is wild!.....Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X