Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If You Are Not Being Successful

Hello D2m,

We all come here for our own type of support. But whatever form the support takes, it still comes back to me that I have to work at keeping AF. I find that when I have cravings it helps me a lot to come here and continue reading and also posting with my own opines and ideas. I have read of so many experiences very similar to mine that I feel a real kinship here. We are all here because we want the same thing. To be AF or to be able to mod if that is your thing.

My 2 cents about why we are here and how we can lean on the folks here when the going gets tough.

:welcome:

com1
    Com1

Comment

I know that I was on MWO from Dec 07 until May 08 without really using ALL the things the programs offers. On May 14th I read and reread the MWO book started listening to the tapes, exercising taking the sups and ordered every anti craving med from the on line pharmacy that they offered. This time I meant business and I had all the tools and determination to use them ................IT WORKED !!! Here I am , one year later and one year sober. This time I believe it is for a lifetime. I see alcoholism as a lifetime disease. Once I have it, I will always have it and I will always have to do what it takes so it never, ever has ME again !!! In the beginning I needed the Meds...I think that many would be very surprised at what a relief they would feel to finally not have that constant craving ....day in/day out. It was amazing to me to have that monkey off my back and then I could do the other things that are needed to really get and stay sober.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks Caysea, very well said. I feel bad for the ones that TRY SO HARD and can't seem to get sober. I think the most important thing for me was changing my routine, and retraining my brain. The supps, the exercise, and the hypno cd's had to help a bunch!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Great Post Caysea
          I was trying and failing for quite some time. I am now doing MWO, exactly as it is laid out, including Topamax when it arrives. I also go to AA and am looking for a new sponsor. Whatever it takes.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Ditto Caysea . . .

Caysea, I love your thread here and the input others have shared . . . you cement something I heard yesterday while watching a program on TV.

Basically they said AA, NDA, Meds., Rehab etc. are not always one clear road to sobriety. One must actually face the CAUSE of the addiction. (These are my laymans words of what they said so I hope I have not lost the point in my translation).

And for me reading the various posts and threads within MWO over the passed three or so months has opened my mind, heart and soul to discovering so many memories and things about me that I was trying to hide or perhaps forget. All I know is that I am a world better now then I was. Plus I am reading, listening to CD's and excerising a whole lot more . . .

It has been an eye-opener being here and worth every second in time!

Comment

Don't cheat yourself or your family out of the life you deserve.
              Thanks Caysea for the inspirational and thoughtful post.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Very well said Caysea.
                I drank most of my 47 years away and getting it out of my life has proved very hard to achieve, but the key is to keep trying.
                I f***ked up on many occasions and often thought that I'd reached the end; tried my best and there was nothing I could do about it, except drink myself to death, and many times it didn't seem like that would be so bad, but I was wrong. By tweaking things and using all the options open to me I've finally found a way that works.
                Drink2much.....I tried everything form will-power to meds and they all nearly worked. Now I'm on a combination of medication, meditatiion, the hypno CD's (which after some skeptisism I find are brilliant), counselling and suppliments, not to mention the help and support that I find here. That's a lot to get right and it was a difficult to balance to achieve, but it's working. Whatever works, I will grab with both hands.
                I have my life back and though it's still early days, I know I will beat it.
                It's been said here many times.
                Don't give up giving up.

Comment

Working...
                X