• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread Saturday 9th May

Why was your gig canceled?

What would you have played at your gig?

Genre/Favorites?
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

You could finish my essay for me.........'What makes an effective teacher'. Please?
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Sweaty :-)

An effective teacher imparts wisdom and gives support without judgment and lets you follow your train of thought, as opposed to following his ideals...

Just my own ideal...lol
        What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Yeah but can you reference it Lol?

[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm doing all this reading about theories about teaching, but I know the practicalities are soooo different.
            I'm quite ambivalent about it all but know that I have to conform and get the degree if I want to 'make a diifference' (oh good lord listen to me)

[/COLOR]

Comment

No problem for a reference..

Just put *David from Melbourne (who has a drinking problem) at the bottom of the page...LOL

Comment

I might just do that - poor tutor has about 150 essays to mark so I don't suppose she'd notice. Well its sunset in Singers so I'm going to go and sit outside and enjoy it. Night All. Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

What about investigating some well known philosophers and using their tenants to prove what you truly believe about learning and teachers?

You'll get points for being original :-)

Comment

Oh I'd love to, but we have to 'relate it to our readings'. But I know where to come when I need inspiration - are you any good with lesson plans?

[/COLOR]

Comment

Lesson Plans are my specialty :-)

Enjoy your sunset :-)

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering....

I've added "Om Mani Pedme Hung" as my signature...

It's a Tibetan Buddhist mantra, which translates as "The Jewel is within the Lotus"

You are the Lotus seed, having grown out of the mud, up through the water, to raise yourself to the sun, as a most beautiful flower... The Jewel within is Compassion, both for Yourself and all other beings (even the worm you cut in half whilst gardening)

It's a metaphor for enlightenment (coming to terms with reality and being one with it)

Being alcohol dependent or having an alcohol problem pushes me further away from that goal.. as it makes me hide from my problems rather than facing them and sorting them out,,,

I hope you don't all think I am Mad (I think what I've just written makes perfect sense)

Om mani pedme hung to everyone :-)

I am a painter and decorator and have my own business, I am in no way a Hippie...LOL

Comment

Dave, 'The jewel is within the lotus'. That's great. (Do you practice pump by any chance?)
                          Yes, alcohol just get's in the way, really. For me, i used to drink to get numb. It was just an anesthetic for me. What a waste of time.........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hey Mr G and Wavy - there used to be a great band called Not Drowning But Waving... I m gonna google that right now.. forgot all about them
                            I think the Om mani padme hung is a lovely mantra.
                            Mine is Concieve, Believe, Recieve.. for now.
                            =-]

Comment

Hiya Ficks....How you going? Not drowning waving...a fellow called David Bridie sang in it....Waving. That's not you is it?!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

One of my fave's is...'follow your bliss'

Comment

Working...
                                X