There was a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a time

Just thinkin there was a time wasnt there when we all "didnt drink" and every day we would wake up and undergo the days trials and tribulations with out the thought of drink. We would see others get drunk or tipsy and look at that behaviour and think YUK why are they doing that to themselves . I remember it used to make me feel threatened and scared around drunk people they were so unperdicatable. The slurring conversation the glazzed eyes the horrible smell. Now that is me !!!! or was me . Alcohol has to be one of the most insidious brain changes it makes you think you are better IHATE IT. I want to find that me the one who could take it or leave it. the pre addict brain is there I take comfort in knowing that I used to hate the stuff and it didnt have me by the balls :H

There was a time

Hello Captain Jack :-)

Unfortunately, the You (and Me) Who hated it and/or could take it or leave it has evolved and no longer exists (due to the brain changes you mention)

We need to start from where we are now, not where we were years ago..

Sorry, not trying to be an arsehole, I always call it as I see it..

How are you doing?

I was 8 days AF and got smashed last night (By myself) Have had 3 beers Tonight but that's it, planning an AF week ahead..

Where are you?

I am in Melbourne..
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

There was a time

Hi Capt.
      Unfortunately, the days when I didn't drink, I was 11 years old. I vividly remember the fear of my Dad when he was drinking.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

There was a time

Oh so true Captn. I remember when I was about 19/20 years old asking my stepfather not to drink. "Do you have to have a can of beer tonight, why every night"? Looking back, he was a pretty normal drinker, could have one and step away.

I also used to get mad if my mum overdrank, which wasn't very often. She's hasn't touched a drop for almost 15 years now. Not because she had a problem, she didn't, just because it doesn't interest her anymore.

Unfortunately, I seem to have taken after my biological (very alcoholic) father, who was unpredictable and he scared me big time. He got into bed with me once when he was drunk and the next day he had to ask me "did I do anything to you?". He hadn't done, but the fact he even had to ask the question is repulsive.

Captnjack2;609955 wrote: We would see others get drunk or tipsy and look at that behaviour and think YUK why are they doing that to themselves . I remember it used to make me feel threatened and scared around drunk people they were so unperdicatable. The slurring conversation the glazzed eyes the horrible smell. :H

Comment

There was a time

Hi my sweet Sea 11 older than that get outaa here you are that person the non drinker I know the one that makes me feel safe you are beautiful just got side tracked with that prick al for a bit:l:l > Not Drowing waving Know the band well freinds with the guitarist Im in Melbourne.
          Cap I have missed some one sorry

Comment

There was a time

SOOOOOOOO True Oney !!!!!! I wish we had better memories. But ya right . I love your journey . I remember chatting to you when you first stumbled across this place. AND NOW !!!! what positive change you are wonderful SUPER IRISH the strongest the BEST . Love ya heaps Oney
            Cap

Comment

There was a time

Well I was a non-drinker from 1989-1999. I did have my first drink at 12 though, and it was every weekend after that, until it got a strong hold of me in my mid twenties

Comment

There was a time

Sea you can do that stint again cant you !!! 10 years thats huge what strength!!! can you remember the thoughts that helped you do that !
                Love cap

Comment

There was a time

Working on it Capt. One day at a time. What helped keep me sober then: 3 small children, full time job, and graduate school. I also did not have drinkers around me.

Comment

There was a time

Yea distractions love ya Sea

Comment

There was a time

Love ya too Capt. I am off to get some food. Talk soon

Comment

There was a time

well said one2many,can relate to that story(& more)keep a note of that post,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                        X