Accountability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountability

I remember reading a post about having an accountability buddy. I actually think that is a great idea. Maybe some of the seniors or long time Abbers would like to be accountability buddies with some of the newer or struggling members. I certainly could use a friend. Anyone up for it?

Everything I need is within me!

Accountability

It is a great idea Brightlite.
    I had an accountability partner (OverIt) last month who really helped me out. My biggest hurdle at the moment is sticking to my exercise regime -- I'm finding too many excuses not to go running..... so anyone needing a "running" partner so to speak I'm keen;-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Accountability

I had an accountability partner a few weeks ago, it was Oney and it worked really well for me for when I needed it.

Deebee, I am also on a running program at the moment. I am only going 3 times per week.

I am here if anyone needs and accountability partner for any reason.

Comment

Accountability

ONLY 3 x a week Ezz -- that is wonderful!! I am still aiming for once (maybe twice) a week in between yoga classes, which I really enjoy.
        How far do you run?
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Accountability

I'm not here all the time, and would be afraid someone would really need me when I'm travelling, but if anyone would like me to help them, a PM is all it takes. I am always ready to listen, but don't know how much I can help someone else with their problem, because each person is different. Call on me anytime, tho. I've always got an opinion.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Accountability

Thanks all for your response. I will PM one of you...not sure yet, but thanks for stepping up to it.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Accountability

I am here aswell if anyone wants a mad welsh man as a partner!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Accountability

DeeBee, don't get too excited as I am only doing around 30 minutes at a time. Think I am actually running around 3km, trying to build up to 5km. Long way to go yet as I am not a runner.

Comment

Accountability

That is great Ezz... you should be chuffed.
                  I ran 5km's the other day with the daughter but it was by accident cause we took a wrong turn lol - I certainly felt it the next couple of days though

Comment

Accountability

As a newbie

I think it is a great idea.

:dancin:

(Sorry I thought these smilies were cute...)

B xx (3 days af, dreading the weekend!)

Comment

Accountability

The weekends are always my hardest times. Just try to get through them one urge at a time. You will find that your urges don't tend to last that long anyway and getting through your first weekend AF is very enpowering.

Comment

Accountability

Well my son has a parties to go to on both Saturday and Sunday. Normally, I'd be thinking, "oh no, that will not be much fun with a hangover" but I can make it different this time.

Thanks ezzmae, you've been very sweet. How are you getting on with it? What do you think is the best thread for me to join on a daily basis? I can mostly get on in the evenings and I live in WA. I want to do 30 days, not mod, for now.

Comment

Accountability

Boozey

You are of course welcome on any thread. The Next Day Thread is where a lot of aussies and kiwis chat. The One Day at a Time thread is also great. Have you found the drink tracker? It is a great tool.

I am a weekend binge drinker. I did really well when I first joined this MWO but after a while I started having a few drinks thinking I could handle it, and I couldn't. This time I am feeling stronger, my mantra right now is "I am no longer a drinker" and funny enough I don't seem to have any strong urges at the moment. My first time AF I was so focused on clocking up the days and didn't really formulate a long term plan for how I wanted to live my life. That was my big mistake.

Comment

Working...
                          X