the dreaded DAY 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the dreaded DAY 1

Getting a few cravings already so not looking good so far.

the dreaded DAY 1

Wishing you luck

Can you change routine, do something different? I find that helps me.

I never drink on Sundays and never when I'm on vacation, out of routine etc.

Weird but true. Don't even get the cravings the same.

Hang in there:h

D2M x

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

Stick with us peekabooo.

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

PM someone, ask for help. It ain't easy, but can be done, and its worth it.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

peek....of course you will have cravings....it's part of the process.

Now,....are you setting yourself up to cave already? You have to take the lead on this....you have to expect cravings and look forward to getting through them. Cravings don't last long. It's the mindgames we play with ourselves that make us think the cravings are so bad we must drink.......this is all nonsense. Work through the craving. Make yourself get up and do something to get through it.....you'll soon realise you ARE in control......isn't that what your goal is?.....to be out from under the control of alcohol?

All you have to do is not have that first drink.....

Don

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

hi peeek not a nc feeling im here for ya

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

Hi Peek,

We have all had our day #1. Set yourself up for success.
              Break your usual routine, go out and do something different today. Go take a walk, drink a lot of water, do something nice for yourself.
              Practice the art of distraction, it is a useful tool. Use your CDs, they helped me to relax and focus.

Stay close to us today - you can do this
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

Welcome Peek!
                You've already been given some great advice, just wanted to wish you well on your first day.
                You CAN do it!!
                Jump into chat for company if you are batteling, k.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

Hello Peek - I feel bloated and hungover just like you. Do you mind if I join you on Day 1? I am not going to drink tonight. I have to go shopping and have already planned to buy a bottle of lime and some sparkling water and a big bag of ice. I can't wait to wake up in the morning with a clear head.

Good luck to you - stay with it and keep posting. I'm going to try and beat this with you. :l
                  Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

It's wonderful to see so many new names here, and so much support. Chief, I think that's one of the best posts I've seen in a bit, and so true. Hang on Peek. If today doesn't work, lets try again tomorrow.
                    It took many of us a whole lot of tomorrows.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

the dreaded DAY 1

Check in with us, Peek....

Tell us how it's going....what you're thinking....

You're not alone in this thing...

Don

Comment

Working...
                      X