Life begins again tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, this time will be different. I have learned from my mistake. I love being AF. I just have to remember that if I ever feel the "need" to have another drink. I have to remember that drinking destroys everything in my life, and has been doing so for most of my adult life, which is a long time.

I'm posting this as a guarantee to myself that once the wine is gone tonight, there will be no more. I will not tip the wine down the sink. I know that's pathetic, but it just goes to show that I can not have alcohol in the house. That last glass will be my final farewell.

I went downhill as soon as I bought that first cask after my AF time. I did not really have a hard time going AF before, so hopefully I will have a better time now that I actually KNOW the difference between being a drunk and not being a drunk, makes to my life.

I am determined to be positive that I CAN AND WILL LEAD A BETTER LIFE.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

YOU GO GIRL, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT Lots of Love ronnie xx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

Pan, this is WONDERFUL to hear.
      Now, will you do me a favour? Will you print this post out and pin it up somewhere? Keep it as a reminder of your feelings at this time and a reminder of when you were AF you were HAPPY.
      Please do that?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That's great Pan.
        If you don't take the first one, the rest is easy.

Comment

Hi Pan good luck this time. I have been there a few times too and alcohol has ruined some of my adult life too. The longest i was off it was 5 months with the help of an outpatients programe and AA. I slipped up last weekend after 17 days af so i started back on the wagon yesterday I can't drink in moderation once i have the first God knows how many will follow or for how long. I feel better without drink but its staying on track is the problem as alcohol is every where. Family functions can be tough at times but i did it before and i'm sure i will do it again. I'm so glad i found this forum as along wit AA it has been very supportortive.

:h

Comment

Wishing you strength and commitment on your journey Pan.
            You CAN do it:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Wishing u well Pan. Let us know how we can be of help.
              "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Thanks all for your support. You are fantastic!

Firefox, al is everywhere but I have had the right frame of mind in the past not to think about that. I have friends who own a bar. I can be with other drinkers and not have a problem. My problem in turning back to al was emotional. I know I have to find other ways to deal with that. That is something I am going to have to be very careful about. And I can tell you, right now, I don't have the answers.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I'm going to try and get some counselling.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Thats a great idea Pan. I had it and it helped me no end.

Comment

Starts, I am going to go one better. I'm going to type out my story, as best I can and leave that sitting around for me to find every doggie dinner time and I will read it while they are eating. It will not be good reading.
                      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

The dogs don't think I feed them enough anyway, I believe, because their bowls are carried around with their tongues all over the place after they have eaten. They always want more. It takes ages for them to realise there is no more.
                        Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                        AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Thats a good idea too. Also to balance it out, because you dont want to focus only on the negative type out what you want to achieve, the good things that happen when you are sober, the way you feel etc.

Comment

One of mine stands by her bowl and stares at it long after she has cleaned it....

Comment

So glad to see that spirit, Pan! The only way to fail is not to try, so that's why we're all here. I had many failures, but 1 success is worth it.
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                              X