Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A specially posted thread is not a chat site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we all need to remember that a specially posted Post is to get as much support and information that can be given as possible. It is not a chat site. We have our own threads to do that on.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

e
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I'm glad you mentioned this - because I've been thinking the same thing.
      I tend to stay away from those chats.

Let's stick to the subject, the question.............whatever
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Do you think YOU might think of others for once Pan. You have been roaming around MWO drinking and posting and making comments and being rude to people and now you are telling people what they should post. Unreal. Lots of people here are working hard on their sobriety and sticking with the program and helping each other out along the way. You have received a hell of a lot of support so you could try not to be so rude and obnoxious for once.
        BH

Comment

Well said, BH.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Panicked,

I've read your other thread to see what happened. You got loads of support and encouragement from other people about your plan to stop drinking and then YOU started talking about your dogs. People then took the time and trouble to stay chatting with you about dogs because they sensed you needed people to talk to. Pretty nice of them, I'd say...
            sigpic
            AF since December 22nd 2008
            Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Pan, I'm guessing you'd had a few when you wrote this...I'd delete (or at least edit) as it comes across harsh, which I don't think is the intention.
              Ruby gave you some good advice from Chief about cravings there (on the other thread)

On the plus side I notice that you do seem to grow very large balls when you go AF - which can come across as bluntness. But I take this as a good sign...that you are committed to going AF again and the balls have already started to grow back!!!

Comment

Eloquently said Oney. I read this thread this AM after it was posted and it struck me as rather odd also as when I reviewed the original thread, Pan was the one who steared the conversation to canines. She must have had a BAD day.
                Finally Free

Comment

Like I said, NEVER PUT IT IN WRITING.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I suggest you lose the snarky attitude. And the cask.

Comment

Pan

I must admit I am a bit nonplussed- if I start a thread and anyone replies- I am grateful.

You started a thread- got lots of support- then you changed the subject to your dogs, you still got support, so then you start a new thread to chastise the people who were attempting to help you in the previous one who just followed your lead because they thought you wanted to talk about your dogs??

I am somewhat confused, but I think this is not a good recipe for you if you want folk to respond to your threads, which you clearly do.

Comment

Pan -icked;612430 wrote:
                        And I'm not being selfish here, but seeing as it was my thread and asking for support, I don't think it unreasonable to actually stick to ME and not turn it into a thread where people turn off instead of reading, when the whole point of answering is lost and becomes about a dog or whatever.
                        Pan,

I guess we just have to face the fact that the world really doesn't revolve around us although we are the center of our own universe and sometimes it's easy for us to get caught up thinking it should.

I have started threads only to have a newbie respond and all of the following posts are welcoming the newbie and the original intent of the thread totally gets lost. That's life!

So, what is one to do?
                        a. Start a new thread
                        b. Go to chat and look for instant on-line support
                        c. Phone a friend (MWO friend if you have numbers) or a personal friend
                        d. Private mail someone. To all, I am always willing to lend an ear.

The one thing about MWO that always concerns me is if people are drinking as they're writing some of these posts. We're all more sensitive and a little goofy thinking when we
                        drink.

Hopefully you're feeling better.
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Pan,

Haven't read your thread but I want to thank you. I've been away a bit and, well, this is a bit reassuring. At least some things around here never change.

I hope you're ok. Honestly I do. We're here for each other no matter what.

Love,
                          Be
                          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Pan, I am disappointed in you for posting such a thread. We are all very different people, with different backgrounds and different interests. People should be able to compare their dog breeds, discuss with others things that interest them, including Pump. It is called bonding.

Today is supposed to be Day 1 and I hope for you sake that it is. You were pretty restrained with your posting yesterday and it is sad for you that you ended the day on such a sour note.

Comment

I might suggest if you need one on one attention that you send a PM to someone you are close to and they can give you the friendship and time you need. Threads are open to THOUSANDS of members here. You may open it, but you do not have ownership of it. They tend to go off in many directions. You can not take it personal. If you need attention please go to the ASAP section or PM someone.
                              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X