I just wanted to say..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to say..

Well said Hiddengoal -- you have given me food for thought.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I just wanted to say..

Hello all,

Hiddengoal - when I hit my 30 day mark I too asked myself if I was ready for a glass of wine. The answer was HELL NO!
      I am also still working out all the problems & reasons that got me here in the first place. It all had to do with a serious loss of confidence & self esteem, a build up of resentment, etc..........

Someday I may be ready to sit & enjoy a glass of wine. But, if that day never comes, that's OK too. It is so much easier now to just stay away from it and continue to rebuild my personal stuff

Have a great day everyone,
      Lavande
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I just wanted to say..

Great posts Rejiv, Hidden and Lavande. I am totally in that boat - although I am only on day three, I know that there is no way in hell I will be able to moderate - not now, not 30 days from now, I don't think ever. I have such an addictive personality - I just need to NOT DRINK AND GET THE HELL OVER IT. I have loads of stuff to take up my time. I just have to rethink my routine, my goals...oh crap, I need to re-do just about everything! :H It will be worth it though - I can feel it.

K

Comment

I just wanted to say..

You found the right place CAPA - keep feeling it!

Comment

I just wanted to say..

Great posts and truely inspirational! Hiddengoal, you have truely helped me tonite - not craving but thinking about it due to a crazily traumatic day at work (I work in Child Protection so alcohol has been a way of self-medicating to avoid the trauma of it all!). I am thinking that I am planning to be AF for 6 months at an absolute minimum and am thinking each day that 12months is a better idea. I love my new clear mind, recovering body and new life too much.
            Thanks to you all again - I get by each day with thanks to this site.
            Cheers,
            Luba
            AF since 26 August 2009- and loving it!!

Comment

I just wanted to say..

Good for you, Luba! You can do it....just keep checking in here. I might suggest that you don't look too far ahead.....do the 30 days, and just keep going. If I said one year, I would be setting myself up for failure. I am doing the 2nd 30, though.

Happy Trails!

Comment

I just wanted to say..

I agree that small steps are the best way to start. One day at a time towards your first month. Moderation doesn't work for me as it gradually increases i tired that way before. Abstinance is the only thing for me to strive for. It is astruggle but i feel better when i'm off it. after a heavy night of drinking i find i'm low and anxious s the day after and i hate feeling that way i had a slip up again yesterday so i'm starting back one the at a time, going to AA meetings and posting and reading here. The best of luck to everyone

Comment

Working...
                X