Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARmy Thread 13th May

Oh happy days!
    I have just caught up with yesterdays army thread and see that Mr Ts Sue is all well again and home. Thats fantastic news Mr T! Give her a big hug from us OK?

And today UKSean is starting his new job / life / adventure. He is such an amazing man. Sometimes when I get down or think my life is difficult, I look at Sean and see how much he has overcome and it really does put things into perspective.
    Thank you Sean for sharing your journey with us. I think we can all learn so much from you.

So, this seams to be a week of good luck for lots of people, I am hoping and praying that Seabers has good news too on the job front.
    Good things are supposed to happen in threes so let the third be for Seabers!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

ARmy Thread 13th May

Starts
    For crying out loud what are you doing up at this hour - surely it cant even be daylight there yet.
    Just had the most terrible experience that i just have to share. A few weeks ago a woman I work with said would I be able to come with her for a Q@A session with some clients. She said they are going to send some questions they wanted answered and she said will give you a couple of the questions that are in my area of expertise blah blah. I said ok I suppose so sounds harmless enough and will there be sausage rolls? Anyway she has mentioned it in passing a few times over the last couple of weeks but only gave me the questions yesterday as I was leaving work. She just rang me about ten minutes ago to say that there are 30 people attending and she has done some slides to go with my presentation. WTF WTF WTF... I absolutely hate public speaking and I have no presentation done and I dont even have any suitable clothes. NOW i dont know what you guys think but tHIS IS WHAT I would CALL A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR TRIGGER - QUICK GIVE ME A BOTTLE OF WINE SOME FAGS AND SOME VALIUM.... I am totally freaking out.
    BH

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Boozy!!! You poor thing! Can you not get out of it? Admit yoursefl to hospital or something???

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

BH - I can sooooo relate. I used to write for a living and that was easy and fun. But when asked to do a public speaking gig for an assembly of women, I totally freaked out. I am the worlds worst public speaker. Get it? I AM THE WORST ... so you're going to be better than me - ergo you'll be fine.

Does that help?

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Can she not do the presentation and you just answer questions?

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

I am not surprised....I would too....

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Thinking of a way of getting out of it more like.
              Boozy, murder is a bit extreme love.

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Id feckin kill her Boozy, selfish cow! She hoodwinked you!!

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

good news about Tlrgs wife and GOOD luck Sean, have a great first day!

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Thanks guys for the response
                    Yes Limers her and I will have words tomorrow I can tell you. Zenny has counselled me and I am trying to stay calm and not panic. Unfortunately it is scheduled for 8.30am in the morning and its 7pm here now so I will be pacing the floor tonight and probably wont sleep too good either . It is the waiting that will kill me. I will have to employ all my MWO tactics to help me get through this. If I survive this I will survive anything. It not really yer woman's fault she only found out herself this avo that 30 people were attending and she has a bigger bit to do than i do but it is part of her job whereas it sure as hell is not part of mine. This too will pass. This too will pass. This too will pass.
                    Now should I wax my legs .... or pluck my eyebrows... or not bother.....
                    BH

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Boozy, I had to do a presentation twice. I didnt actually look at anyone, sort of focussed on peoples foreheads. It looked like I was looking but in reality I wasnt. That helped.
                      You will survive it, of course you will, and just think of when its over. Its another thing you have conquered sober. Also, now you are sober the panic wont be so bad.

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Oh and waxing legs is good but leave the eyebrows....just in case your hand slips....

Hi BDD, yes Seans news is indeed the best!

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

What about the bikini line? Is that necessary do you think.
                          After all if I cant impress them with my in dept evaluation of a ventriculo-coronary artery bypass device with bi-directional coronary flow to assess acute patency of a new myocardial revascularization device that connects the left ventricular cavity to a coronary artery (termed ventriculo-coronary artery bypass, VCAB) thereby providing proximal and distal blood flow from the site of the anastomosis then maybe a quick stip teaze might be in order...
                          BH

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

Yes, in that case, do the bikini line. A neat camel toe will win you much support. Plus it will give you a chance you use your device when old farts start keeling over.

Comment

ARmy Thread 13th May

morning all,another quick hi before i go cycling,boozehag i no its a daunting task to stand in front of people and speak but if you can imagine you are speaking to all your mywayout friends it might help,just a thought even though its a bit early for thinkinghave anice day every one & its great about seanuk

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X