A question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question

Hi I haven't been here for yonks. I'm doing good and loving life but have actually come on line to see if anyone can help me with some info. I have a family member based in the UK who has also finally decided to fight the booze and (like me) is not interested in AA. Does anyone out there know about groups other than AA in the Bude Cornwall area of the UK she can attend. She needs group support in fighting this.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and salaams from Tanzania.
    A BushBaby with Attitude

A question

Don't know what salaams are Elizabeth, but why not start your relative at least by coming on this site? That way at least there is a group, a touch stone, and maybe a way to find others in their community.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

A question

I'd very much doubt there's an alternative to AA near Bude. In fact, she'd probably have to travel to a bigger town to even find an AA meeting - Bude's a small place.
      Her doctor might know about group counselling.

I agree that an online recovery group could be a good start - there are lots out there.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
      X