Alchoholic Architecture - what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran into this site about the alcohol experience through vapor. It called "Alcoholic Architure" and is Soho in London - anyone heard of this?

Bompas & Parr: Alcoholic Architecture

Described as, "the UK's first walk in cocktail. Alcoholic Architecture saw Bompas & Parr create a walk-in cloud of breathable cocktail." What? People put on suits to protect clothes and walk into a vapor space filled with Gin? A quicker buzz? Creative space? What is this phenom? Another way to imbibe?

From the London View...
    "Breathable Cocktail
    Alcoholic Architecture is just that; the pop up bar is actually a walk in gin and tonic. As you step through the doors you’ll be encapsulated by a cloud of breathable cocktail. Bompas and Parr have created a gin and tonic mist, complemented by the decor of the bar consisting of oversized limes and huge straws to give the impression of sitting within a giant cocktail. You have to pre-book tickets for hourly slots between 7pm-9pm, costing just ?5.

Now the Science Part
    If you enjoy savouring an ice cold G and T after a long day at the office then the pop up Alcoholic Architecture bar may be a little disappointing although the novelty factor is obvious, which is perhaps why this bar is only open for a total of four days. Bompas and Parr have latched on to the clever idea of basically creating an alcoholic vapour that you walk into and breathe in rather than having to drink. The steam is produced using a system utilised in Antony Gormley's installation at the Hayward in 2007 called Blind Light. It may not quench your thirst but it has the same effect as drinking the liquid version of a gin and tonic."

WHAT??
    That is crazy!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

SOME one has too much time!!! LOL
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

if iam in london i will have to be carefull if someone asks me to go for a walk

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
        X