Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read this paragraph and had to share . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"There is power in our thoughts. We create our own surroundings by the thoughts we think. Physically this may take a period of time, but spiritually it is instantaneous. If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely, If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys being in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive". by Betty J. Eadie - Embrassed by the Light.

Bless you all . . . :l

Hey Polar. Thanks. Love Pan.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

:thanks: Polar,

Similar thoughts have been swirling around in my head. Glad to see someone was able to corral them and put them in writing. Wonderful!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I totally believe that. This is why I have a problem with going to AA and saying time and time and time again, " I am an alcoholic." I guess some say " I am a recovering alcoholic" and that makes a lot more sense to me.

Thanks for the reminder of how powerful thoughts are-

Comment

That's a wonderful, paragraph! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wonderful thought. I hope you don't mind if I add this, that I just read today.
            "The worst thing we can do to children is let them be in charge of too much. Down deep, they know that they don't have the knowledge or experience to handle life. Even though they will resist structure and boundaries, if they have them they will feel less terrified and less angry in the long run."
            AND.......
            "One of the most important ways we can reclaim our personal power is to admit our mistakes."

These seem unrelated, but one thing I was taught in my recovery was that our emotional development stops at the age we begin to abuse a substance. Because of that, many middle aged people are emotional teens, or very young adults. Its important for us to understand our power over the world around us.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I do my best to use an old tool that I learned from "Jose Siva" (SILVA MIND CONTROL) course that I took back in the late 1970s.When ever I catch myself saying or even thinking anything negative I stop and say to myself "cancel, cancel" and replace that thought with the most positive thing I can think of.
              This technique has served me well when ever I have put it into regular practice thru out my life.Thoughts are thinks and the spoken word has tremendous power. Choice both wisely.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
              X