Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread. May 23, Saturday

Hey all :-P

I promised Pan that I would try to start this thread for the duration of our 7 days AF plan.

This is the beginning of day 2..

No drinks last night (did take 5mgs of Diazepam so that I could actually sleep but I'll be tapering that down over the week to nil)

It feels good not to feel bad this morning, I have to say..

I had 8 days AF not long ago, so it's fresh in my memory just how good I will feel after another day or two not drinking..

Hope you are good Pan, looks like you had problems sleeping last night by your other threads?

Have a great Saturday everyone, I am off to work at 7:00am! )nly 4 hours, so will have a nice Nanna nap in the afternoon :-)

Best to all x
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Good morning Wavy and all to come!
    That great attitude will see you through this you know. Well done.

Today, Angel is moving, so I hope all goes smoothly for her and her family.
    Have a great sober day all!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

WAND, lovely post. And I LOVE your picture. I'm so excited and happy about your plan - its really the only way to succeed. We might accidentally start drinking too much, but we sure don't quit that way! Have a wonderful day, and enjoy that nap!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh Nanna naps are my favourite pastime I think :-)
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Well done, David. And it's good to see another early riser. Still dark outside so I don't yet know what the day will bring. Happy Saturday, all to come.

Comment

Morning Tawny, Starts ...and Evening to Ruby :-)

I appreciate the positive feedback..

Yes, Nanna Naps are the best, Starts :-)

Have fun, I'm off to work...
            What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Good morning all,
              Great work Waves. I can relate to you saying how your recent 8 days af, is still fresh in your mind, and you remember how good it feels. This same feeling/thought spurred me on when i stopped around 7 months ago. I'd stopped for 2 and a bit mths. then back on it for 3 mths, then finally gave up in October, but the memory of how good it felt, really helped me get back on track. I was always back in the game mentally, whilst i was back on the grog, i was just quietly revving myself up to do it, (give up again) and did. Keep going, and go for a longer stretch..............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

How are you going there this morning Pancetta?
                Hope everyone has an enlightening day!
                G'day Tawny. A beautiful day it is becoming here, so i'm tipping it's glorious where you are.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi, G. Is it the beginning of your fall season? What's upcoming in your weather for the next months?
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Ruby!
                    It's the last month of our fall/autumn here, so winter approaching. Oz is such a big country, that, e.g. say, Pan's weather, will be different to what i get down south here. We have floods up north, but we need the rain down south, as we have had a drought for the last few years. Where i am, it'll most likely start to get drizzly, and grey, but with a few sunny days thrown in. Quite chilly here in the morn/evening.
                    Your summer would be starting up then, non?

Comment

Yes, G. Very unusual spring, cool and wet. Usually by now its in the mid-high 80's, and we've had several years of drought too, but it rains here everyday now! I'll never complain, even tho I'm starting to mildew. God knows what we need, I guess. Everything is SO lush, green, and verdant, its incredible. It will be hot soon enough!
                      sigpic

Comment

morning all.

Good work on starting the thread dave. Raining here, so no hockey for the kids. But my weekend wouldn't be normal without a kids birthday party, so this week I have one this afternoon. Wet wintry days don't encourage me to drink, I just want to curl up in front of the fire and watch tv.

Ruby it is autumn here, but a lot of the country is raining. In Perth we get cold morning starts in winter with the temperature getting up to around 18degrees. I love australian winters, probably because my first was so unexpected, I never knew it rained so much over here. I think I read somewhere before that Perth gets more rain per year than London.

Comment

Afternoon all - I've decided to call it quits for the day as it's now quite cold and blustery outside. Feel good about what I achieved this morning.

Hey - did you all hear about the GP who released the pressure on a kids brain by boring a hole with a drill borrowed from the maintenance dept. of the rural hospital? The same wonderful doc sewed me up a few years ago after I was in a car accident. I'm glad he used standard suturing gear and not a denim needle and some dental floss!

Have a safe and sober Saturday night.

Comment

Evening all. Hope your all well.
                            Finishing day 2? Hope everything is ok, and my thoughts and prayers are with you both(as well as myself)
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Greetings all,
                              Holy heck Tawny! Yep, the old drill into the head trick to relieve pressure. A classic, and saved a life.
                              An inspiring day had here making music, or was that muzak?
                              How are you going Pan and Wand? Have a great w/kend everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X