The Next Day Thread, Sunday May 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Try to take it easy on the grog tonight. Maybe a glass of water in between wines, etc...Take it easy on yourself buddy. I found setting a date for stopping, helped me prepare for it, have some tools etc.....Could you get an updated plan together over the next few days? But only if you are ready.......

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr G,

I know I have to be ready... And I know how to plan and what to do, I've done it before..

I spent the first 3 months of this year having no more than 3 beers a night and two or three nights a week, not even considering a drink..

It's the "Being ready" part I'm struggling with.. And yes, I know it's all about the way you are thinking and needing to change your thoughts, before you can change you're behavior..

I really hate this shit... I am so much happier in every way when I am AF..

Should be a simple decision really...

Again thanks for your interest...
      What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Have come to my senses!

Opened second bottle of wine, tipped it down the sink and am now on coffee....
        What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Great stuff Wavy!
          That is one action you will never regret. getting rid of the booze...
          I am sorry you are feeling shite.
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks Starts :-D

I just saved myself a hangover!

I've knocked off one bottle of red, but I am six foot one and weigh 88kgs...LOL

Thanks for being on here, you are my fondest cyber friend thus far (Mr G is good as well)

David xxx

Comment

88kgs is about 13 stone for you Uk people..

Comment

I lived in London for 3 years...

Comment

Chalk Farm/Camden/Primrose Hill

Comment

Close to Hampstead...

Comment

Oh thanks Wavy...I do work in pounds and stones, kilos when it comes to my fruit and veg funnily enough :-)
                      I dont want to sound preachy, but I REALLY and truly know where you are when you say that you need to get to that point before you stop.
                      I got to it in a very undignified and frightening way and I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. If I could bottle how I feel now that I no longer take drugs or drink, I would send it to you and you would have no problem knocking this on the head once and for all. It is the first few weeks that are the toughest, when it seems like life isnt worth it. As time goes on you will get a feeling of power that is better than any drink or drug I know (and I know a few)
                      I hope that you can give this a shot, and its a promise that we will be here for you and support you all the way.

Comment

I lived in London for a while too. Chelsea...
                        Very glad I dont any more....

Comment

Hi Starts & Wavy
                          Well done wavy for tipping the wine away - great job and a very good move
                          I came from Essex which is about 40 min drove from London
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

My brother lives in Coggeshall, anywhere near you?

Comment

What does an Essex girl have written inside her knickers?

Comment

NEXT

I apologize for my political incorrectness But you are Poms and so have a sense of humor....

Comment

Working...
                                X