X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Wed 27, May

Good Morning all :-)

See that you are up early Mr G..

Just letting every one know that I have once again returned to my senses (post three nights of drinking)

So today is the start of Day Two AF again (and gloriously hangover free!)

Hope everyone is well, catch you all later on..
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Morning Dave & all to come...
    I'm glad to hear you've come to your senses Dave, hangover free is the way to go.

I went into the city last night and was surprised at how busy Sydney is!!! I thought there really are a lot of people here...funny. And everyone seemed to be off doing stuff, nothing happens on a Tuesday night in Auckland. I'm back in the big smoke.

Have a beautiful, sober day all.
    xo

Comment

Hey G I can totally relate to the 'another tool in the toolbox' attitude...I'm always gonna be a work in progress, or on the journey and not at the destination. No matter how sober, fit, healthy, happy etc I am there'll always be change, and hopefully for the better. It's really important for me to look at the achievements I've made, no matter how small.

xo

Comment

Hi Waving, great to see your AF and hangover free, nasty things those hangovers.
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Good to hear that Wavey Davey. You will sort this I am sure!
          Angel you are doing great, learning about yourself and what you want. We are ALL works in progress, thats what life is, a journey. And rather an exciting one at that!!
          Hi there KT, hows it going?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi Starting, things are really good, thanks for asking. Had a really long day and just about fit for bed. Had to get my little fix of MWO first though
            Keep safe
            KTAB
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Morning everyone
              I hope you all have a lovely Wednesday, Im just checking in before I have to drag my youngest off the wii game and pop out for a while.
              Has anyone heard from Pan lately? Is she alright, I have never know her to be away for this long!!!
              Well id better go, chat later
              Love ronnie xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Evening everyone!
                Yep Angel, It's important to see, and remember our achievements, great or small, i reckon too. But especially our little steps forward, or battles won with al. Whether that be a day, a week off, a couple of hours delaying a drink, to me, that says a person is still in the fight. I'm actually a lot more 'hardcore' and ruthless in my thinking regarding problem drinking, but i know from experience that even one teeny weeny step forward, can be the start of something huge, and a new, gloriously wild and free life, so for me, it's important to applaud that little step forward, in myself, or anyone else. But it's also a matter of urgency, and very important not to fuck around whinging, and once the path is clear, and the evidence is irrefutable, to just do it!
                Great going Wavey Dave. You're doing it!
                Where are you Pan?..Can you check in, and let us know how you're doing please?
                Have a great evening all..............

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hardcore in your approach? I like that...I think thats my difference this time. It was do or die and no middle ground.

Comment

Yes Starter's, Hardcore Heavymetal Mo'fo'. This attitude is what works for me. But i try not to judge other's, and their methods for controlling or stopping drinking. One size does not fit all, but this is a serious business for many of us..........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I agree. I wasnt in a position to be this way before. I wanted to but for some reason, it wasnt happening. Sometimes something just clicks I think and then we are on our way. But finding that something can be very hard.

Comment

And it can be very hard to see/find a reason to stop, sometimes. Or see how. And then the self abuse wheel just keeps turning. At least for me it did. Every person on this site is trying. And trying can be so hard, just the whole process, can be very exhausting. But to me, trying is winning.

Comment

hello

Hi Guys,
                          I have been on this site for quite a long time but haven't really got it for a few reasons. But I am still here and I think I should truly commit to at least one thread and stick with it even if it is to log on and say I am still here and breathing! So if you don't mind I will log on every day and maybe will not say much for a while but if I just do that then I will go further.
                          Much Love
                          Shas
                          Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Hiya Shaz!
                            It's great to have you here. I look forward to hearing more from you, if, or when you like. Either way, you are most welcome, which goes without saying.
                            And i agree, that even just logging on and reading bit's and pieces everyday, can be really helpful. Bravo!

Comment

Hey Shas, welcome!!
                              I found having a "home" if you like was the perfect solution for me. Gave me support and a safe place.
                              Its a great idea for you to do that.
                              Checkin in each day, having a read and making some friends might be just what you need to get this moving?

Comment

Working...
                              X