The Next Day Thread Thursday May 28 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone. Welcome Home Angel.

I know it's only JUST the next day, but thought I'd give you all a surprise when you log on later this morning. I'm off to bed shortly.

I have been in self-imposed exile since Friday night/Saturday morning because I didn’t want to think about drink. Sometimes reading about it gives me the urge for a wine. I haven’t had the computer turned on at all. I was determined to get to Day 7 again without hitting another bump.

This is Day 6 and I will say I had 100ml tonight, which I am not counting. I have let that 100ml sit in the cask in the fridge all week and have not touched it, which I gave myself a very well done for, seeing as the cask was the first thing I saw each time I opened the fridge. I drank it tonight/last night because it’s bin night and the cask had to go out with the trash. I drank it as a final farewell to the wine. I needed to do that and whilst I did enjoy it, I didn’t want any more.

I have spent my week rescuing dozens of starfish. I have come to the conclusion that starfish beach themselves on purpose for a rest beneath the sand. (Although I must do some research on that conclusion.) Those ones I leave alone. It’s the ones who have surfaced from beneath the sand onto hard sand, too far from the water, that I place back into the shallows. Most of those re-bury themselves in the sand in the water. Some walk or swim out deeper. So there you are Angel, a new lesson on Starfish behaviour. Hope you enjoyed it.

Actually yesterday was a little scary. There were heaps of live jellyfish swimming around my feet. I’ve never seen them alive before. I then started using seagreass mounds to get to the shallow water, rather than wading into the water.

Apart from my beach escapades, I have been relaxing and reading and doing a few other leisurely activities around town.

Sorry I missed you last night Ronnie, was watching Lost. I kept coming back in the ads, but didn't see you there.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Love Pan xx
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Pan, its good to see you back.
    I am glad you have been relaxing, maybe thats just what you needed?
    Or maybe the starfish needed you more?
    Anyway its grand to see you back and raring to go.
    Onwards and upwards OK?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning all. Hi Pan. Nice to see you!
      Off to the gym now! will it be Yoga?...will it be weight's?...or will i be practising the.....the....the darkest of art's?....stay tuned....have a great, safe, and sober day all!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Choose yoga, G. All I can do now, but I love it!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

OMG!!!! You are gonna do it arent you? You are going to become a slave to....dare I say it.....PUMP!! aaaarrrrggggghhhh you've sold your soul to the devil Mr G.....
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning all and all to come - another gorgeous autumn morning here.

Shas - great to see you here yesterday!

Comment

WOW Pan_ . . .

I wish I could live close enough to beach to have the experiences you have.

I love the water, whenever I am near it I have to go in. I almost drown when I was abt. 26 on a lake adventure and again when I was 52ish on our 1st vacation ever to the Atlantic ocean. But alas to this day, if I am near water I have to swim. I must have been a anphibian in a prior life.

Best of the best to you and all to come . . .

Comment

Pan Pan Pan its lovely to hear from you my friend, its good to hear that you are doing really well on your A/F days Well done girl, keep it up :goodjob:
                Well I will chat later as I have got to drop the brats erm I mean kids off at school
                Love ronnie xx
                :dancin: enguin:
                starting over

Comment

hello

Hi everybody thought I would pop in and say hello.
                  Pan I live near the beach too and need to take more time to appreciate it!
                  At work today and tonight is a networking meeting with free al & food.
                  Am planning on being designated driver tonight so wish me luck.
                  Looking forward to the weekend to catch up with work at home.
                  Everybody have a good rest of the day.
                  Hey Tawn (hugs)
                  Take Care
                  Shas
                  Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Shas - being the DD is good - it removes all Al options but it doesn't stop you loading up on free food. Go for it!

Comment

Afternoon all,
                      Shas, sending you positive vibes for tonight..being the driver is the only thing that stops me if I go to a bar or something. BH had a good idea also - park in a 2 or 3hr zone so you can only stay that long.
                      Pan - woohoo, good to see you back in good form matey!! Farewell to the cask (and good riddance, my parents drink cask wine...it's positively evil stuff, seriously that stuff will rot your guts, it's soooo bad...and they drink it every night, only a couple of glasses but still, no matter what they have a couple of caskies...I never stood a chance!!!)
                      G - I have to find a new gym...I went to one today...the horror, they do practice the dark art (wouldn't darken their doorstep otherwise) but they don't practice the Attacking one. Anyway, they offered me a free class with chilminding - I will fully take advantage of their generosity tomorrow morning. I can see I'm gonna have my work cut out finding one as good as ole' faithful in NZ *sigh* the grass is always greener...
                      Ezzmae??? Calling Ezzmae...I'm missing you, what's happening with you, what're the kids up to?? How's your shitty neighbour??

xo

Comment

Oh and Pan, Thanks for the continuing starfish lessons!! I'll always think of you when I see one!!
                        xo

Comment

Hi again everyone
                          Good luck Shas for tonight, why is it that the free booze always come up when you know you can't have any of it!!!!!! Keep strong and be good.
                          Angel - Ezz PM me to start up the weekend thread (of which I spelt wrong) she is fine but has alot going on at the moment, you might want to PM her yourself.
                          Well I have now got to pick the brats damm I mean my lovely children up from school now. I dont know where the day goes!!!!
                          Love ronnie xxx
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

Pan,

I'm so happy to hear that you are well. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a little self imposed isolation, can be good for the soul!
                            I love the beach too but it's something I don't see very often. Unfortunarely I'm surrounded by cows & cornfields..........it's still nature but not as therapeutic as a beach can be.

Congrats on your 6 days, keep them going
                            All the best!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, the weather today here was absolutely glorious. I hope for more days like it to dry out the ground after all the rain we had. It's still soaked.
                              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                              AF May 23 09 to July 09
                              AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Working...
                              X