Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why?

I think alot of us ask that question. I know I do daily.

I thought I was ready, I got all the tools and just knew it was time. Did okay for a bit then just gave up. Not even sure why. Part of me thinks, "well I can go back on the plan anytime". Made me feel like I had a safety net. And another part of me just plain doesn't want to stop. And again I have to ask "why?" Why do I not want to stop something that is so obviously bad for me.

I think I will come here more. I did better with MWO. I've just felt too guilty to even post. Deep down I know what I need to do, I just feel trapped and confused.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Why?

AK Girl, I JUST sent you a PM! I totally understand where you are coming from. At 1:00 the world is our oyster and we are ready for change, but by 5:00, forget it. I had all the tools too, and thought FINALLY I will conquer this demon. Well, that was a year ago. I guess I need more tools, or more willpower.

Comment

Why?

Hi AK,
      Long time no see! It's that cycle we get involved in with alcohol and anything else we are addicted to. I have trouble with staying on my diet (now that I have thrown alcohol to the curb). I struggle with the same thought processes you are going through. I'll start tomorrow....Just One more day....It can't hurt. All of these things go through our minds when we are "not ready" to make our firm committment-whatever that might be. We also have fear that we have to let go of something we enjoy. I guess you have to reach a point where you can see NO GOOD AT ALL coming from taking alcohol (or high calorie/fat/carbo foods). You have to change your thoughts from "missing something" or being deprived of something to thoughts of gratefulness that you got control back into your life and the poison out of your system. Just some thoughts. Good to see you here again, AK; you're my special friend. Krigs
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Why?

I am definately going to come more often, you are all so wonderful and your words help. Thanks

:l
        Ak

Comment

Why?

I've never been to subs, wasn't sure I belonged. I would love to chat but it will have to wait for another day. Too many commitments tonight. Thanks though. You are all so awesome :l

Comment

Why?

Hey, sweets! I know how you feel! xoxo I am glad to see you here!!!!

Comment

Why?

LOL! :H I know I have the pencil it's just seemed you all knew each other so well. Felt like I would be intruding. Silly, I know. Thanks again all of you, I will check in more often.

Comment

Why?

Hi akgirl,

Happy to have you here
                Checking in often & posting is very helpful.

You mentioned guilt in your original post. Funny, I just commented on guilt on another thread.
                I learned back in January (in a behavior modification program) that guilt is nothing but a learned behavior, a bad habit and it can be changed. Guilt is useless and a time waster.

I worked my way thru the 21 day program, got rid of the guilt, re-established my confidence & self esteem and was able, finally to focus on my drinking problem with success.

Think about it - you can do it too
                All the best!
                Lavande
                (PM me if you want more info on that program)
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Why?

Hi AK,

Be sure to post here daily. It sure does help. I hung around here for a year or so before I actually GOT IT and I now have almost 8 months under my belt. It CAN BE DONE!!! Everyone here is such an ispiration.

Best of luck.

Mich
                  :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Why?

I feel your pain and understand completely. You are not alone in this struggle at all and there is nothing to be guilty about. It has nothing to do with willpower. And I agree with Gia, come visit in subs when you feel like a laugh!
                    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Why?

Hi AK,
                      It's so wonderful to see you posting again.
                      For me, logging on daily and being a part of the community has been my most important tool.
                      Why do it alone, when you have all the support here?
                      I'm going to try and log onto chat this weekend -- hope to see you there.
                      Love Dee
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Why?

Hi Ak
                        Great to see you. I am glad that you are back. You have the tools. We are here for you. Sending you strength.
                        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Why?

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. "
                          ~ Mary Pickford

Hi ! AK..........Glad to hear from you,. Many here have fallen before and have gotten up ! Keep fighting......eventually you'll get tired of falling and begin to stand tall ! Best Wishes LOL IAD.
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Why?

Welcome back AK . . .

:welcome: so happy to see you back here AKGirl . . .

"Wow, I just noticed I have 1001 post. I love this place and you are all awesome!!!!!!" words from your January 23, 2009 post.

As the others said, keep revisiting, reading and threading it truly does help.

Since coming here to MWO January 28, I actually feel like I am becoming whole again.

Love your Avatar . . .

Comment

Why?

Hi AK - just wanted to welcome you back. The only suggestion I have is that insanity is defined by doing the same things we've always done but expecting different results. (How do I know this?? Been there, done that about 285639569 times!)

One of the beauties of the My Way Out forum is that there are many people finding success with a variety of approaches to sobriety. If you are feeling "stuck in the rut" maybe one idea is just to read in some areas or threads that you haven't in a long time and see if something new jumps out at you to try.

I'm finally at a place where I am not drinking AND I feel like I'm living again - moving farther away from alcohol in my life. My personal program involves supplements (my own blend now, but I started with the MWO package), excercise, diet (no sugar or processed flours, etc.), some of the SMART recovery tools, and now AA is my latest addition. FWIW, that's what is finally doing it for me.

Best of strength to you. I know you can find your way out - keep working at it.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X