worried..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worried..

I just signed up on this, my problem is that I have always been a moderation drinker, now lately I have become a heavy drinker only at night, I work until 11:30 every night and my wife is asleep by the time I get home. I work in a bar, have a drink there or two, head home stop at the local bar have another. Drive home usually pick up a beer at the store, sit on my sofa and proceed to get even drunker. My wife is unaware and I have never lied to her about it, at least not until recently. I am worried that I am on a downward spiral and terrified that someone will find out about this. Any suggestions? Should I just come clean with my wife and seek another profession although bartending has been the only thing I know how to do.

worried..

Well, honey, you're driving under the influence, and tho it doesn't feel like it and I know you think you can handle it, one slip and you could land in prison for 20 years. Sit down and give that a REAL HARD THOUGHT. Yes, talk with your wife, and ask for her input and suggestions. There are lots of ideas out there, and you've caught this in the beginning. If you think I was being over the top about what I said above, I can prove it. It just takes being over the limit in a fatal accident, no matter whose fault it is. I don't want that to happen to you.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

worried..

Welcome Nyyfan!
      You have come to a good place for some support and advice.
      Do you think with a bit of work you could return to your moderate ways or do you feel you should quit the drinking all together?
      Some people can moderate very successfully with support, supplements and sometimes meds.
      What do you think you want to do?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
      X