I was having a good ole think today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beauifull day like today, beer garden weather and I was thinking what as waste of a gorgeous it would be to sit in a beer garden poisoning myself.How boring and unimaginative it is really. And once weve had our first drink , thats it were fecked for the day, cant drive, cant go any where , might as well just keep on drinking. We voluntarily immobilise ourselves for the rest of that day and most of the next day too..........

Limers and Zen, I totally agree. What's worse is that I tend to throw family life into the mix as well -- "oh well, baby is up from his nap, can't get any work done now, may as well have a beer..."

Comment

I know what you mean limers...this weather is gardening/yard owrk weather for me. That usally invovles beer.
      I thought I was over it. Not so much. LOL. Will be picking up some near beer today, it helps me a lot.

It is a definate waste of a day to drink.
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Beer wasn't my drink of choice. Good thing, since I have 3 bottles in the fridge! Son brought home last night and didn't finish off the 6 pack.
        I need to tell him to keep the stuff out of the house, I don't need any easy temptations.

Winefree

Comment

Funny thing is Limers, normal people don't give a second thought to going to the beer tent to have a couple, let alone spend time worrying about what the following couple of recovery days will be like.
          Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

LOL I was just thinking that- I recently saw on Facebook some pics a friend had posted of her family sitting in a beer garden, and I thought something like so that's how they spend their days...but of course it isn't- most people can go and sit with a drink or two, then go home and carry on as usual- it is only us who would waste the whole day (week).

Comment

Zenstyle;624810 wrote: It's like a bad roller coaster ride once you get on it AND it's the same old boring routine. Really not too smart at all once you think about it, is it? The intelligent thing to do would be to get off the ride...
              Yeah ~~~~~A really bad roller coaster ride, to say the LEAST. I was at Disney's MGM s studios and some kid DIED on their Areo smith's "Rocking Roller Coaster".........His friends were all standing outside as the ambulance carried him away saying "he just didn't know when to say (stop, enough is enough). He must have been on drugs and rode the ride OVER and OVER til it killed him. That's what I was doing with booze........over and over til it was killing me. Thank GOD I got off that ride before I ended up DEAD, like that poor kid did.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

My admin assist for nearly six years said something to me that started me on this journey. Her words were "Charlie, if you would manage your life like you pay me too, you wouldn't need me" Then she said "if I managed your life like you would, You would fire me." Everybody can see thrugh the BS.
                sigpic

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. ~ Will Rogers ~

Comment

Yeah, Zenny, but if you're in France, then it's "cultured." I remember a thread here a long time ago called "I don't have a problem if the wine is expensive" or smth like that. LOL

Comment

Yep...these tourists resorts attract drinkers- I guess it is because it is so easily available- There are bars open 24/7 here...so we really can just drink until we drop.

Comment

Working...
                    X