rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

I have finished 8+ months of rehab. Still drinking....... I just read the book " the end of my addiction". It is written by a doctor who had a drinking problem. He used baclofen to stop drinking. I think I want to try it. Any one taking it? I'm at the end of my rope! I missed my mothers birthday last night because I had to drink! WTF........and i threw up my lunch!
    I'm so sad!!!!!!

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

I'm taking campral, which is prescribed by my gp. I don't think I really give it a chance to work as I only stop drinking for a few days at a time. I have been in AA for a year now, so I understand I bad you feel. Like me never give up giving up.
    Good luck.

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

RaineyJane,

There is a thread in the Meds Forum called "Baclofen."

Go and read and good luck to us all!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!! I love this place.

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Rainey, ok so you are so much like the rest of us. go figure. anyway. im waiting on balc..have tried campral but had trouble with it because you have to take 3 doses a day. 8 months in rehab (i spent a total over two years probably 6). i read in a book called healing the addicted brain that campral can help heal the brain. of course no one ever explained that to me..if they had maybe i would have stuck to it who knows. anyway...stick with us

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

by the way..any AA?

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Cacky,

My psychiatrist has not had much luck with Campral and alcoholics. Why? Because it only heals the brain quicker, it does nothing for cravings.

She is very excited about the Baclofen and has had great success with Naltrexone and some binge drinkers.

Her excitement about Baclofen extends to her other patients who are addicted to Cocaine, Meth, Opiates, etc.

In her opinion, my trial is a huge step for her. She is willing to work with me because she wants to save as many lives as possible.

btw, she says I should not feel "bad" about being an alcoholic. It is a disease/condition that affects many.

I am glad to be working with someone like her. She really cares.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Cindi, i just ordered balcofen..so i am excited. i dont find real progressive doctors around here so i had to order through river. i have topamax right now but dont really find it has helped at all. im very encouraged about balcofen. so i will keep everyone posted once i start that.

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

I am on it too Rainey- read up all you can, there is already quite a few threads going.

I like the way it makes me feel...I need to titrate up until it should stop my cravings completely but even though I am only a few days in, I like the way it ...I am not getting as stressed as usual.

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Rainey,
                    Hope you were able to over to the Baclofen thread, it is very educational. Best of luck to you
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

rehab's over NOW WHAT!!!

Yes I have been to A.A.....it helps a litle bit and only some of the time. My mind craves to drink. I also take antibuse and that helps if I take it. I took one today.

Comment

Working...
                      X