Just stay busy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stay busy

It's only been a few days but I thought I'd share what's working for me.

I know for myself that I drink out of boredom. If I have something planned or something I HAVE to do, I won't drink. Winters here are obviously cold and long here and I got into a horrible routine of drinking from 4:20 on (I get off work at 4:00) and even started drinking in the am on weekends. That for me is unheard of. I used to not believe people could drink in the morning but there I was with wine at 9am. Totally getting out of control.

So, with that being said I got a calender and I am filling it up. Even if its with just odd jobs around the house. Then I feel committed or at least have a plan. Me and my son have been target practicing with my new gun in the evenings which has been great. I still have a few drinks but don't start until after 7 and usually in bed by 9:30 or 10. I hope to keep tapering down until it's just a few on the weekends. For me the key will be a full calender.

So, that's my plan.....wish me luck

:l
    Ak
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Just stay busy

Good luck. Akgirl.

Staying busy is very important. I drank many times out of boredom too. I just had to tell myself I am going to be just as bored with a 12 oz diet coke as I am with a 12 oz beer. It's still just a can in my hand. Point was, drinking never did solve the boredom, just fooled us into thinking we were doing something. Changing the bad routines and learning the triggers is so key.

Stay strong and stick to your plans!! You'll get there.

Love, Me
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Just stay busy

I wish I could find something to keep busy. I'm not working, have no license and I live with my sister. The only thing I have is this computer and TV. A boyfriend would be nice,but I don't know anybody around here. Poor me. Have a good nite. Maggie
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Just stay busy

Maybe a craft project or a book Lastcall. I've been cleaning like a fiend too, not that its fun but my house sure looks nice. Can you bike or walk anywhere close? There are more options than you might think, get creative. But like Thankful said you can be just as bored with a coke.
        Sending you good wishes from the far north
        Ak
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Just stay busy

sound like a great plan ak .. wishing all the luck in the world ... ever need a helping hand you know whre you can find me .. love ya
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just stay busy

Great ideas akgirl, I like the idea of always having something no matter what it is on the calendar.
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Just stay busy

Sounds like a good plan AKgirl! Good for you.
              Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Just stay busy

AK...what do you all do there for recreation? I want to help, but everything I think of, I think...shot she probably can't do that cause most of the year she is buried in snow and it is dark. I am sure you adapt to your enviroment, my brother is from NV. and his winters last FOREVER...I barely have winter here in SC.
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Just stay busy

Stay busy...couldnt agree more...BX

Comment

Just stay busy

Way to go AK......"Idle hands are the Devils tools" Ha! IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Just stay busy

Busy is good, get some rest time in too. Take a break and just relax between projects.
                      An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Just stay busy

Hi everyone . . .

I couldn't agree more AKGirl and everone (stay busy).

Where I live the newest rage seems to be Scrap Booking and Stamping. (Not sure what Stamping is but it sounds interesting).

The way I look at it, if I can afford to drink, I can afford a different hobby.

Lately my fav. is journalizing, reading and threading in MWO.

Have a Great Day Everyone! :l

Comment

Working...
                        X