Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick a Tree...

Hello all...

I'm fortunate enough today to be sitting outside as the sun sets looking at a Rocky Mountain hillside and I'm noticing there are swaths of pine trees that have been devastated by a beetle infestation we have been experiencing out West lately. These desolate things are right next to vibrant green, almost iridescent aspens coming back to life for the season.

I pick out just two trees...and I can't help but think to myself that those two trees, right next to each other, are my choices today to drink or to stay sober. Just pick one, I say to myself, they are both right in front of you, both just as accessible and both just as real.

One so full of hope and light and one so full of nothing left to offer...

Boy the mountains can make a human being feel small. I hope everyone finds a peaceful moment today wherever they are.

Pick a Tree...

Thanks Scrubbly. I had the samE thought, however not so pleasant. I was driving home on a street I take everyday, and for the first time I noticed bars on both sides of the street...just pick one. (I would have never thought of that before because I drank my beers in the "normal" sections of town where they speak my language). But there they were, as if they were built overnight. I could get out of my car and walk in either direction and have a beer. But I stayed in the car, and came home to my trees in my front yard...trying not to gnaw on them !
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

Pick a Tree...

Hi Scrub,
      Great analogy.

Comment

Pick a Tree...

You and them damn trees Colbe!!! You are doing great woman!!!!! :thumbs:

Comment

Pick a Tree...

Good read . . . thanx

Well written Scrubbly, you pen name sounds as interesting as your writing. Please to share how you picked Scrubbly? kwel

Hey Colbe, I hear ya on the gnawing, my Dayna (dog) took off the tops of 3 new trees I planted last fall. Two are coming back 1 not so much . . . do you think Dayna may have an addictive problem? lol (she is 7 and still gnaws on branches anywhere and everywhere) crazy . . .

Hi Rags, my very first puppy was named Rags, I think I was 3yrs. old.

Hope everyone and all to come are having a Glorious Day. :l

Comment

Pick a Tree...

Good read . . . thanx

Cross post ~ sorry

Comment

Pick a Tree...

I pick the tree with hope and light and feel so sorry for the tree that has none.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X