the hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the hole

I have posted this story before but so many new friends here...I thought I would do it again (tawny frog and happy camper bear with me) Here it goes:
    A lonely man fell in a hole. He couldn't get out. He screamed and screamed "help me help me". No one came. He was desperate. He screamed and screamed...finally a doctor came. The man begged the doctor...help me get out...the doctor shrugged his shoulders and wrote a prescription and threw it in the hole. ...obviously, to no avail...the man was still stuck.
    He began to cry for help again...finally a minister came. He wanted to help the man so he prayed for him. The man was still in the hole....unable to get out even with the prayers.
    Finally his best friend showed up after hearing his friends screams. He jumped in the hole. The man was angry. "Why did you jump in this hole with me? Now we are both stuck!" The best friend just smiled and said "No, I have been here before and I know how to get out".
    The point of the story is (obviously) is that we are all in this damn hole together, trying to get out and only we can help each other because we are in the damn thing. So here is to "us"...hugs to all and thanks for the help with the hole. I am hoping we all get out of it "real damn soon".

the hole

Now I'm really balling (crying)..thank you Millie

It applies to any hole in life you find yourself in -- not just this drinkin one..thanks so much ...Truth is so Simple

Comment

the hole

PS -- I am going to change "man" to "woman" & send to some people

Comment

the hole

I really like that Millie,That is a belter.
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

the hole

So Right!

Now ain't that the truth!
          Shas
          Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

the hole

Hey Millie

I LOVE that story and I think you should regularly re-post it.

Tawny

Comment

the hole

I love that story, it always makes me feel good when i hear it. Thank you.
              Hugs and love to you.
              I love you all.
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

the hole

amen

Comment

Working...
                X