42Cat -

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Keep it up!
      And we are here for you.....
      Remember, ONE day at a time.

Comment

Day 4 of tapering .. kinda bloggy

Hey 42 cat.

You have done a fantastic job. From personal experience once you start feeling good you are through the worst of it. Those night sweats are shocking aren't they? As others have said, just keep listening to your body. You seem to be doing all the right things. Exercise, supps, good clean food and heaps of "clean" water. Make sure you are at least filtering your water. People really underestimate what is in tap water. You don't need any more load on your system. Heaps of lemons too. They are so beneficial.

Keep up the great work.

I too hope to do as well as you from July 1.

Please feel free to pm me if you need to talk at all.

Warm Regards

Brett.
        Alcohol Free Since July 1 2009.

My Sobriety Blog
        (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Cat how are you doing?
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Wow, thanks again everyone for all of the replies... you guys are GREAT.

I am almost AF - I only had 2 beers Saturday night. That's a big "wow" for me (compared to about 14 drinks of hard liquor all day long, every day, this time last week). I drank the beers slowly and didn't even feel a buzz. (I guess I had them "just because".) Same last night, but I didn't finish the 2nd beer. It was doing nothing for me, so why bother with it?

I'm actually enjoying this "going to bed sober" thing .. LOL ... So I'm getting there...starting to really feel like a normal person (whatever that is - haha). But I'm not going to get too comfortable just yet ... I'm not letting my guard down.

Hope you are all doing well, too. Thank you so much for asking how I'm doing!
            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

What great news 42!
              Its amazing that you have done it this way, you must be a toughie!
              Good on you!
              When do you think will be your first day AF?
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thanks .. I'm smiling.

Today should be my 1st AF day, thanks for asking. DH normally doesn't have one on Mondays (or during the week at all, give or take the odd one), so I have no reason to pop one open - and I don't want to.

My liver will be happy about this.

Comment

I am SO HAPPY for you CAT!!!!!!! I am truly happy for you. AF....bet ya never thought you'd say that, but YOU did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am THRILLED for you!
                  Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Your liver will be happy as will you!!
                    Well done!
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good day to you, great day to you , actually~

I have been following your Thread and another about withdrawing with alcohol.
                      Withdrawling from alcohol with alcohol, thats interesting, yet cause me some fear.
                      I am so comforted that you have some ease as of this moment as you manage the symptoms.
                      I am doing this as well, this is a new idea and I am almost in shock at how this is working.

I awoke to the usual greeting in the house of what is negative about today as I am wiping my eyes from just arising.
                      "The garage door was left open". This is definately not good because we are two females in a house. Yet, the silent "good news" known only to me was that was because after reading this and the other posts and being on my knees in spirit , that I was on a mission at around 8PM to go get the beer. I am sure the clerk, which is one amongs many that I rotate, was curious as to why the counter was not loaded with huge bottles as I tell some story "again" about friends showing up to hang out as I reside in Las Vegas.
                      I am usually throwing it down around 7Pm and that is after holding off the beast because the longer I wait the better it will be tomorrow.

I have felt whipped pysically and emotionally because of the stress of it all.
                      Something clicked with this idea. I kept a log last night;having one beer starting at 9Pm as I had read on the "withdrawling w/alcohol" posts about the dangers of what can take place with the heart. I am intune to this because I spend, usually, the first two days in terror because my heart has a rhythm and a presence all its own. Now, knowing what is taking place frightened me.

At 9PM my pulse was 106 ~drank one beer.
                      At 10 PM my pulse was 99~drank one beer.
                      At 11PM my pulse was 96~drank one beer.
                      At 12 PM my pulse was 90~drank one beer.
                      At 1 PM my pulse was 86~forced myself to drink one beer for I had no craving.

Went to sleep around 2.
                      That does not happen. I sweat and wrythe in agony for day one, often with hallucinations.
                      Did not happen.
                      Plus, I slept?
                      It is around 10 hours later, I awoke WITHOUT that normal sense that "it" is still in me to some degrees and I am going to be uncomfortable.

I also am going to hold off to not drink that one beer ( as I toast my glass of water to ya')
                      It frightens me because a time ago I tried just beer, but, would guzzle a thirty pack in no time.

I share this because I don't have anyone around me for the hands on support. I don't say that out of any poor me/pity myself energy. It is so. The 3 relatives in proximity are rot weillers at my "weakness" and it is what it is, what I was dealt with.
                      The balance is I have coming here, and all of you are the presence of angels.

I wish to say that you have a cohort in this tapering off, using beer process.
                      I am right alongst side of you, wishing you the best and YOUR thread has been a send from heaven friend, as is those that are posting because I am amazed to watch how the support so sincere is a force to recon with.

Wishing you absolute freedom~
                      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Cat, you are doing SO good. I have the 'jolts'. Do you have any back or spinal problems? Mine are usually related to that, but I don't feel them if I'm drinking.
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

T2B, I''m here for you too. It's obvious how hard your trying, how much youve suffered, and how scared youve been. Don't ever think you totally alone. Whether we answer at that moment or not, there are people who think you are real heroes in this war. I am SO proud of your work.
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Cat.

Just a quickie to let you know how proud I am of you.

You are doing a great job.

Keep up the great work.

Brett.
                            Alcohol Free Since July 1 2009.

My Sobriety Blog
                            (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Theme2B ... I'm so glad you posted ... ** holding your hand ** ... We can do this.... Btw, I absolutely love the way you express yourself. Please don't stop posting as you progress .. whether it's good or bad .. it's all part of the process. We're going to get through this. *hugs*

Time2Love... thank you so much.

Ruby, I have had a recurring "sore back" for years.... hmmm, wonder if it's AL-related. The "jolts" I've only had recently (last week'ish .. maybe a little before) ... but I don't imagine they help with back problems, that's for sure.

Zen, thank you!

Comment

I have Day 1 AF under my belt, btw. *big smile* .... Just a week ago I didn't think it could be done. It's been literally years that I've been controlled by that d@mn beast named AL. This time, he lost.

On to Day 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X