Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Mon 8th June

Hi everyone,
    Wow I feel great this morning and thats before I drop the kids off at school, so I hope this good feeling will continue throughout the day.
    Just read back on yesterdays thread and good luck wavey for your 30 days dare, I know you can do it especially with starts kicking your back side all the way!!!
    Mr G dared me to go 30 days and I was'nt going to do it but my 30 days is up tomorrow, thankyou Mr G, I cant believe I am nearly there!!!!
    Well I will check in a bit later,
    must dash
    Love ronnie xxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

An early congrats, Ronnie, on your 30 days. Woohoo!

roud:

Way to go!
    "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good morning,
      Ahh, I forgot,
      you sandgropers celebrate QE11's birthday in October or something...so while you're shuffling kids to school. I'm having a lazy morning.... croissants with Apricot jam and cream!!

And well done on your 30 days!!

Tawny: If you read this, I'm ringing around to try to get hold of a Canon SX10 to take to Sri Lanka, as I've been told to travel light and one camera only, so I don't want to lug the big Canon and 3 lenses around.. There are none in Aust at the moment... and Canon isn't telling anyone when the new model is coming out. Take a look at a review or two. Pretty good eh!.

Comment

Hi Lil & Rags
        Thankyou for your kind words, but I am not going to celabrate until tomorrow, as I am not quite there yet, but hey I cant wait, it wont be long!!!!!
        We had out holiday last Monday rags, I find it a bit strange that different states have different days holiday for the same purpose.
        Well tonight I have to take my eldest son (he is 8) to his first St. Johns ambulance meeting, he is really looking forward to it, it looks a bit like boy scouts where you have to get different badges for different things and they get to go on camps and have adventure days out, I sometimes wish I was 8 again!!!!!
        Does anyone know anything about Mount Bulla in regards to, do have lots & lots of snow there, plus is it good to take young kids aged 8,7, & 4 ski-ing there, and is it better to go in July or September??
        Well id better go and hang my washing out
        Will check in later
        Love ronnie xx
        starting over

Comment

Morning all - Looking good Ronnie!

Does anyone have any experience with bats? We had a bat crash land on the terrace on Friday night, and he's made himself very comfortable, he's hanging around in a basket, taking mushed melon and and mango,he can fly a bit, which makes me think he's young? Have had no joy here with getting a vet to have a look at him, so any input would be appreciated.......

Odd weekend in general, too much AL left me fuzzy, another lesson learned!

Bets.
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

All I know about bats is that in the UK they are protected but I dont know about anywhere else, but have you tried the RSPCA or contact your ranger,
            starting over

Comment

Bats

HowStuffWorks "How Bats Work"
              Here's a little bit about them, but you might have to call BATBUSTERS. :H:H:H
              Starting over again
              ray:

Comment

i no a bit of bats,they fly i n the dark.they wont bother you,if you want to get rid of it throw a cloth over it not to scare it they dont like to be touched not here anyways in in canada,you have to be gentle with them like most women okey gyco

Comment

Hey all
                  Just ducking my head in to say hi everyone. Hear that you're coming up to 30days Ronnie. Great effort. Any time AF is plus time. Take care not to swing too much the other way though when you let yourself off the leash. Saying that from experience of doing exactly that, on this site, early last year. Past few years has convinced me that it has to be abstinence for me.

Queens b'day ... holiday over here in NSW ... always cracks me up that the Aussies take a day off for it (even the non-monarchists) ... they don't even a public holiday for it where she lives for God's sake!

Had another long walk with the family this morning. Perfect skies. Walked to the Uni campus, enjoyed the herb gardens, and fed the ducks on the lake. Day 8 and feeling great. Through the WDs now and feeling stronger and clearer.

Have a top day, all of you x
                  KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Here's the real deal

How to Get Rid of Bats

Good luck!
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Hi Kayla and Gyco,

Thanks all for your bat advice! I actually really like the little critter, have just been in to feed him, very cute but big teeth! We don't have Rangers here, and I did speak to a 'bat man' in the UK, so will keep plodding on....

Bets.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Wow day 8 A/F Kayla, well done, keep going, you know you can do this.
                        Thanks for your advice, I really dont want to muck up when I start to mod. as I really dont want to let myself down especially after getting this far, so tiny tiny steps first of all with the modding.
                        It sound like you have had a lovely morning with your family,
                        starting over

Comment

Cross Post Last Call!

No, honestly they don't bother me, I just want him to be able to fly away. He did have a go last night, but didn't get far, I think he's just young and learning....

Bx

[/COLOR]

Comment

Betty, have you given him a name yet
                            starting over

Comment

Cricket.