Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Tuesday June 9

Morning all :-)

Just starting the thread Today to keep Starts off my back!

For those of you who don't know, Starts has Dared me and offered to harangue me for my attempt at 30 days AF..

So begins day two AF..

Hope everyone is well and hangover free..

Catch you all this evening..
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Roast chicken to tattooed elven girl...

Quite the transformation One... LOL
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Feeling better than if I'd drunk 2 bottles of red wine last night!

Had some trouble sleeping but that's to be expected..

I will be fine :-)

Off to work now, catch you later on..

Comment

Morning Wavey and Oney - WHERE"S RONNIE?

Last 3 days of school for Teen2. Thank the Lord - no dragging them out of bed - no packed lunches. Woo Hoo! Teen 1 is really pushing to be homeschooled again, hmm.

My Dad and Stepmom arrive tomorrow for a month which is great. They walk the dogs, hang out and cook, which leaves my free to get on with my 'Best Betty plan' Gym, Yoga healthy food etc....

Wavey - how's the classical guitar going? I remember doing some flute/guitar duets at college, really lovely.

Morning to anyone to come...

Bets
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Morning everyone!!
          Sweaty, and Tawny: I went to big store (Harvey Norman) yesterday to look at cameras. Going up to Sydney tomorrow to look and compare prices and deals etc. A 16 gig sd card is $90!! But that's a lot cheaper than they were a year ago.
          Hey Waving! Why not join ranks with fellow Aussie Liver Lover who is going to start at the end of the financial year (obviously an accountant or budgets officer!). I'm going 20th June. So it looks like it's all happening in OZ in June!!

Leppy'
          what's your tat? Or should that be "Show us yer tatt"

Tawny
          , next installment getting typed in a few minutes. And then gerk... trying not to stuff up sorting snaps and getting them on disc... including the Opera House sails in camouflage khaki!

Comment

So good to see what happens when we on this side of the world go to sleep!! You guys are GREAT, and its really fun to read your posts. Stay with it, WAND, or Starty will send her rodent army to gnaw you in uncomrortable areas!!!!! G'nite from here, g'morning to ya'll!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi everyone
              Wavy I had to look twice when I saw you had started the thread, well done, and an even bigger well done for day 2 A/F, there is no way you can go back now otherwise starts will be on your back BIG TIME.
              Thanks for your PM about the snow, september suits me alot better so I will look into that, cheers
              Well Guys, today is the day that I have reached 30 DAY A/F and I am feeling GREAT, I am off in a minute to have coffee with some friends so that should be good as I need to get some new friend around here (ones that dont drink that much!) not like the ones I used to hang around with!!!!
              Well I will check in a bit later
              Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday, I know I will
              Love ronnie xx
              :dancin: enguin:
              starting over

Comment

Morning all, everybody's sounding nice and chirpy.

Rags - I cannot bring myself to go into a Harvey Norman store because I hate, loathe AND despise their ads but - good luck with the new camera purchase.

It is so bloody cold down here today that I swear it's going to snow.

Comment

So do I but if it'll save me $$$ I often dismount from my moral high horse.

Comment

Hello everyone!!!
                    Tawny - I know what you mean...I always think 'stop yelling at me' when those ads are on!!!
                    Wavey Dave - excellent work, I'm with you for 7 days at least. Today's day 1...it's amazing but not being able to check in here has really affected me, I'm much less in control so I'm going to make a big effort to log on daily...I'm on a dinosaur of a computer and can't always get on (it's my fathers 'puter)
                    I went to a barbie yesterday to see my bestie - she lives in QLD but is down for a week. She knows about my struggles with al and has her own struggles - her Dad was a pretty severe alkie but hasn't had a drink in about 20yrs. Anyway, she's been trying to get pregnant for about 2 yrs now and yesterday I noted she was AF and Mr Cakes reckons she's put on weight so I have my fingers crossed for her. We're going out to dinner on Wed night so she might say something then...there's definitely something going on but maybe it's just that she's decided to go AF for a while. Anyway, it's great to see and really encouraging for me.

Comment

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS Ronnie on 30days!!! That's so freaking great!

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;630841 wrote: Morning all :-)

Just starting the thread Today to keep Starts off my back!

For those of you who don't know, Starts has Dared me and offered to harangue me for my attempt at 30 days AF..

So begins day two AF..

Hope everyone is well and hangover free..

Catch you all this evening..
                        OK, I will leave you alone for today then......

But in the meantime WELLL DONE WAVEY!!! Day 2 is brill, you are sounding great!!!

What will I do with myself if I dont need to stalk you today?......hmmm. This rodent needs to be busy......
                        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Ronners, Well done girlie!!! 30 days is awesome and you must be soooo proud of yourself?
                          You are sounding so great too!
                          Whats next for you? You seem to already have some plans in place to meet some sober folk? Good Idea!

Angel, Betts, Rubes, Oney Tawny, Rags Hi to you and have a lovely evening.

Angel, I find checking in here is a real necessity for keeping me on the straight and narrow. I guess thats obvious from my posts :-)
                          Good luck for you 7 days. Here if you want a hand OK?
                          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hello Everybody!

Hi Guys,
                            Had a huge weekend with family up and eldest step daughter turned 30 and the party has lasted a week. Don't know where she gets the energy from!
                            Hugely excited as I have ordered bacflon (sp?) and waiting for it to arrive.
                            Rags go to Getprice.com.au - Comparison Shopping Australia - Compare prices, get the best deal, buy cheap & save in Australia it will save your legs.
                            I am still at work so have not read everything properly but just wanted to say Hi and will say more tomorrow.
                            Take Care
                            Shas
                            Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

HERE YOU ALL ARE !!!

I thought there was NO WAY there could be a site like this with no Aussies on it.....I think you lot know what I mean !!!!! We DO enjoy a drink or 10, don't we ?
                              I posted this on the other thread and 'starting over' put me on to 'the next day thread'. I had to have a bit of a snigger to myself, not that it's really a laughing matter I'm beginning to see.
                              Anyway, I've re-posted my own post below. Does that make me a show off or just right up myself ?
                              Bridget.

Where do I begin.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, I mean that literally.....where DO I begin ?
                              OK. I can see you lot know what you're talking about ! I was wondering if you could give me a bit of a leg-up ?
                              I am at day three at the moment. I have done this before, and manage to have alcohol free days on a fairly regular basis. Mostly I don't suffer withdrawal symptoms. But today I have a kind of 'constricted' feeling in my throat, and I could murder a family sized bar of chocolate. I may have had this before and simply not made the connection until perusing this site.
                              The children were good enough to have a bilateral meltdown last night.....right on the 48 hour mark......perfect......just when I'm getting the last of this crap out of my system.
                              I can see that RJ has a point....I need to have a plan.
                              So...get to the point Bridge.....
                              Any advice greatfully accepted (well...within reason ! )
                              Has anyone else experienced this constricted throat thing ?
                              Is this going to get any worse, or have I just been 'lucky' ?
                              ALSO, ANY AUSSIES OUT THERE ???
                              What was your starting point in terms of acquiring Topamax in that most baffling of systems, our health portfolio ? Is it even available here ? I'd order it online.....but let's face it....customs would just nick it. I'm not HEAVILY into a starring role in 'Border Watch' this week either.
                              Have you any tips and pointers for tracking down the supplements mentioned in the book ?
                              PM's welcome as well, of course.

Thanks all.
                              Bridget.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X