It's So Nice to Feel At Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you know me from my past experience here last summer. Some, I have just met recently. I had a very successful 30+ Days AF last June. Then, I slipped back into my old habits. I am back this June to try again. I had a good start, but slipped last week. I am completing day 2 AF.
    It is just so good to know that when we slip, we have a place to go. We can share our experience without fear of being thought of as a failure.
    I am so thankful that MWO exists. Although I am not completely AF, I am in such a better place then prior to MWO. Having all of you here to talk to and share with make this all possible. I read a lot, and don't always post. I just want everyone to know that every post I read impacts me in some way. From the newest person who is just finding us and reaching out to the most senior member, everyone has the ability to inspire.
    Just a big fat thank you!!!!!!!!!
    Shelby:h
    "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Welcome back after the little sidestep off the wagon. No failures here, but bumps in the road towards our goals.

Com1
    Com1

Comment

Welcome back Shelby. Look forward to getting to know you.
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

Hi Shelby, wow what a lovely post, Good luck with your A/F days, im sure you will do well, just keep busy and reading the posts
        Love ronnie xx
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

1 step forward, 2 steps back

Hi, I've been feeling so sheepish that my 5 days of tapering are down - then up. Like, I was afraid to post or go on chat for a couple days ... reduced to LURKING!

It means a lot to read that many others have slips...all their best intentions didn't quite happen either -- and they're not judged or lectured or admonished.

Thanks everyone for support and a 'safe' place to be.
          Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

puddytat;632499 wrote: ... reduced to LURKING!
            LMAO!!!! But seriously ALWAYS post :l
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Shelby, You have a lot to be proud of! Welcome back
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

I wish to say welcome , come on in~
                I am apart of the "Welcome (on or off)(the) Wagon" ~
                You are always here. What ever your thoughts~ they are welcomed. What ever your feelings be, they are surely welcoming to another.

It is always new. The struggle gets old sometimes. It has never introduced anything that is original.
                The only contradiction to that is the people here.

How original, how completely inviting no matter how bad the leprosy.
                Come, rest.
                Invite your ideas so unique to help build the tapestry by starting your own thread.
                Our hearts are intertwined and complete in their own purity.

I call my brief interludes (well, not always brief)- I call them "lapses". Like when I forget something I knew. When my heart "skips" a beat, I know that my life is still in motion.
                Sometimes it feels like a hiccup, then another, like the seizing of my abilities.
                Nevertheless, the promise awaits.

This place is the ER~ the Eternal Reminder of what truly is.

Don't let the blind spots stop your eternal motion to arrive at the place of your quest.
                You are wonderful just as you are~
                :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

:goodjob:welcome back shelby our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in raising everytime we fail

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Welcome back Shelby
                    No one is a failure here.
                    Well done on day 2!!!
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hi again, Shelby. Good to see you posting, and finding your way. Congratulations on day two!:groupluv:
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

See What I mean?

:h Thank you all for the lovely posts! That is exactly what I meant! All your kind words and support is so wonderful! :thanks:
                        Shelby
                        "PAIN IS JUST WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY!" USMC

Comment

Shelby, we dont shoot our wounded. Welcome back

Comment

Welcome back 57Shelby . . .

Welcome back 57Shelby . . .

Looks like your on the right track . . . and coming here is a great start.

I have actually learned more about me in the last 4+ months then I had ever know before, just by opening my mind to various opinions noted here at MWO and by let myself drift back through my past to improve my future.

Good Job on the AF days and keep coming back as often as possible.

Best of the best to you and everyone . . . :l

Comment

Welcome back..........Here, grab hold of my hand and I'll help pull you back up here on the wagon. It's alot easier WHEN WE ALL RIDE ALONG together !!!
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X