X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I forget to say thanks?!

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to give you an update on my progress,

I'm on day 18, really pleased and feel great, not craving at all but thinking the CAMPRAL may have something to do with that, the wonderdrug!

Day by day my life seems to be coming together and I just feel so thankful to be free of AL and grateful to all of you for your support in getting here!

I've got a new job and met someone really nice and even managed to go for coffee with them (not the usual 'drink' or couple then "oh my god what the hell am I going to do with this insane drunk woman")

I know I will always be an alcoholic and will always have to have a certain level of 'guard up' but I feel empowered and that...

..."I can get by with a little help from my friends!"

Much love and thanks,
    Manisha xoxo
    :l:l:l
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Lovely post Manisha. Very well done....

For you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOtWyjs8iU[/video]]YouTube - With A Little Help From My Friends - Beatles
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thats great posting. I almost hate to say that most, if not all, AL sponsors, etc. say don't start a new relationship for at least a year from the time you feel comfortable with yourself. I'm sure thats hard, maybe impossible, but give it LOTS OF THOUGHT, anyway, OK. We love you, whereever you are, but it's easier in some places. And remember, at some point, no one is going to care what your doing or what you want to do. Do it NOW. OK!
      Rube
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Lost Soul, its so great to hear people doing well and getting it together. A big well done to you.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

well done, and here's to the next 18 days and 18 months and 18 years ...... good luck
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Thanks guys, for the positive responses, it really means alot!

Ruby, thanks for the advice, hmm, I hadn't even looked it as a new relationship yet! I will certainly bear that in mind, I guess emotional ups and downs come with relationships so they are a risk to jump right in!

Heavens Heavenly! 18years sounds a stretch, but wouldn't it be wonderful?

Love all
            xoxo
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wildflower.
            Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
            And eternity in an hour.

Comment

It is wonderful to read your post and hear the hope in your *voice*. Congratulations on those 18 sober days - that is awesome. Getting rid of the booze doesn't guarantee a life full of roses and sunshine. But it sure increases the possibilities! Enjoy each sober day!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

WOW !
                THAT'S the kind of post I love to read. It makes me feel like, if YOU can do it, so can I.
                Good for you, girl.You deserve every bit of happiness.
                Bridge.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Manisha ~ you sound so happy. Keep up the great work! Congrats!

Love, Me
                  :l
                  Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

:goodjob:Hi Lost Soul

I remember you from your first posts. What a transformation! So glad to hear your update, you sound really happy. Congratulations and good luck!

Keep up the good work!
                    If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Working...
                    X