Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT DAY THREAD, Friday 12th

Oh crack up waves !!!
    Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean.
    My best mate and I call it 'the pisshead trail'. When you wake up in the morning and retrace your 'progress' through the evening via forensic type evidence.
    Hhhhmmmm.........not a memory to bless ourselves with.......
    Bring on the clarity.
    B.
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

It's probably sitting at around 12-14. It's supposed to get down to 8 which will be at about 6am. A bit warmer thank goodness.
      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
      AF May 23 09 to July 09
      AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Hi all
        Checking in a bit late, but glad to see so much happy banter. Got through the 2nd Friday night (12 days now) and cooked a great meal. Usually its lots of booze and take-away pizza. So lifestyle changes happening. Tomorrow I'm going to chance buying the Sydney Morning Herald - and read it somewhere other than on the back deck - lest my hands keep involuntarily reaching for the wine (normally there, but not now). So another challenge tomorrow ...
        Big love x
        KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Good on ya, Kayla for the 12 days. What do you mean sit on the back deck? Tell me it's a covered back deck with a heater?
          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Isn't the beach just so healing and calming Pan? I love taking my dog down to the off leash beach.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hello Kayla,

I've read some of your earlier posts...Sounds like you are getting your shit together :-)

I'm a red wine drinker as well...

5 Days AF and drank 1/2 bottle of good champagne at about 4pm but sober night Tonight now..

I think it's a bit like getting fit...Hard to start but loving it once you are in a routine...
              What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Hiya Kayla,
                Good for you love ! Sounds like good stuff to me......life can be fun without the beano, can't it ?
                Bridge
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I hate it when I have to live without the beach, Bridge. I have two homes. One sea, one outback. Let my dogs off the lead? Ha! I wouldn't see them for a sandstorm. That's until they decided it was time to come back, in their own good time...
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

The beach is awesome, you meditate just sitting there, watching, without knowing it :-)

I am a surfer as well, love paddling out and just sitting 150 meters offshore, looking back at the land..

The ocean is beautiful, hypnotic and very scary....
                    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

I think you can sort of equate it to watching fire. Same thing. Fascinating , dangerous.
                      Christ aren't we waxing lyrical here this evening ?
                      But in all seriousness, I'm finding that whole thing a big part of it.
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

David ... I say go Fender Twin.

With those immortal words, she exits left and hits the fart sack.

Nighty nights, all.

Comment

Well guys, I must depart for the night. I have a system going so I can sleep. No mental stimulation after 9.30pm. Only TV or a book. Then up at 8am to gaze wide eyed at the sun. It may sound strange, but after having been on benzos for months to sleep, this is working without them.

Have a good night and a great weekend.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Tawney : Night dear....

Hay Pan...I had an epiphany with my 10 month old golden retriever, who is a bitch in many senses of the word......if I chase her .....she runs.....if I turn around and keep walking....she realises it is incumbent upon HER to keep up with ME. That's because I'm the boss.
                            There's something in that, you know ?
                            Bridge
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I've heard of that Pan...retraining your brain with light. Any way dear , nice to see you and have a great night's sleep.
                              B
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

G'night Tawny, G'night Pan.
                                Pan, good idea re sleeping system. I'm the same. If i'm on here too late, and getting stimulated by my own posts, i'm a bit too wired. Good plan, and great to see you.........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X