Being Normal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being Normal

why cant I be normal !! I want to be able to drink but sensibly ......what is wrong with me why cant I just do this ..its logical its simple so WHY ? anybody got advice

Being Normal

Sorry Tara, I think we all wish that here.
    Most of us are unable to drink normally.
    Have you tried going for a period of abstinence, long enough to give your body and mind a chance to recover, then maybe you can moderate after that. But by all accounts, moderating is much harder than going AF.
    You might even find that you are happier AF...
    Stick around and keep posting, it will help you get this under control
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Being Normal

Hi Tara
      Like starts said why dont you try 30 A/F everyone will give you loads of support and when the cravings get bad try some l-glut its really good for cravings and its herbal
      you have the 4 day and the weekend thread why dont you try them out
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Being Normal

T1, as starting said, a lot of us wish to be normal, but we aren't and that's why we're here. We have an alcoholic mind and one is never enough. I can't even imagine having one drink, at least not in a day, maybe at lunch that would be fine, but not for the rest of the evening.

Try doing some reading on AL and you will see. I've been doing a lot of reading and realizing how we(alcoholics) have a different brain chemistry when it comes to AL.

Winefree

Comment

Being Normal

Tara I am sorry that you are feeling this way. You have been given some great advice and I agree with it wholeheartedly. When it comes to alcohol, normal just seems to go out the window for some of us and it will always be that way. I feel your pain hon, as have all of us here. Keep posting and reading. YOU are worth everything and YOU will discover this. I look forward to knowing you.

Comment

Being Normal

I want to quit. But every time I turn around I want a drink. I have only been drinking since New Years Eve of this year. Course I have alcoholics in this family and I consider drinking a sin but yet I do it anyways. Why do I do it? I want to quit, God wants me to quit. But why am I this addicted when I haven't been drinking for this long. I feel like a failure in this.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Being Normal

Drifty and Tara, both of you can do this. What can I do to help you both tonight?

Comment

Being Normal

Tara, do you want to chat

Comment

Being Normal

Thanx 2 all Im gonna keep posting I figure if come here everyday it will help..so from now on Im keeping posted everyday & just take it from there one day at a time feeling very apprehensive but Ive got to make it work there is no choice I realise I will lose everything in life if I dont change NOW so it is a must

Comment

Working...
                  X