Selfishness and Bad Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ironic it should be brought up that we fool ourselves in to thinking because we are close to home that we will make it home ok...my fiance that drove drunk and killed himself by smashing into a tree....was 2 miles from his Mama's house!!!!!!! He was ALMOST HOME...ALMOST....he almost made it, BUT HE DIDN'T!!!!!!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I was just thinking about your story/situation, Brittzie. Don't they say that the majority of accidents occur less than 2 miles from our homes?

Comment

Not only an eye opener about drinking and driving but a story of "never give up" Thank you Lvt
        Finally Free

Comment

It is true CS....All three of my accidents were within 4 miles of my home...2 were within 2 miles. I was almost home too. It doesn't matter how far you are driving....if you are pulling out of the driveway you have put yourself and everyone in your path in danger. I would NEVER do that sober.
          Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Oh, totally. When I got the DUI, they made me go to a weekend boot camp, where you have to watch movies, meet with counselors, etc. In one of the movies a dad was out drunk driving on Halloween night and ran over his own child, which they symbolized with a smashed pumpkin or spilled trick-or-treat bag or something like that.

Last summer Wonderworld said on the "Days 1-30" thread, something about how crazy it is for us to try to control something (AL) that is designed to loosen our inhibitions. I wish I could remember her exact words, cause it made a ton of sense.

Comment

Zenny, i dont know how you didnt get bustd. I get sloppy when i drink. There is no foolin anybody.

Comment

I remember when hubby and I were first dating, we were out cruising around on a warm summer evening, drinking white wine in the car. I was driving. All of a sudden, there was a Sobriety Checkpoint, so stupid me pulled into a driveway and turned around in order to avoid the checkpoint! So of course the cop turned around after me. I remember hubby shoving the bottle of wine under the seat. I don't how I didn't get busted. But god I was scared shitless. Of course this about a year before I actually got the DUI. Stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

Working...
                X