X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared but hopeful

Hi Everyone,
    :new:
    I guess I've finally come to the conclusion that I'm really scared that I'm not going to be around for my teenage children if I don't get my act together. I love socializing, and that always means drinking. At least in my case. I just want to be able to stop at one. If that's even possible. I don't know where to begin or what supplements to get. I just know that I really need help. It's been way too many lost years. I've never even posted on any forum. Hope I did it right. lol

Scared but hopeful

Heart, its a big thing you did to start here. It might the wrong time of day, or not exactly the right site to get the best posts, but YOU haven't done anything wrong, and I'm SO glad you have found us. I say the previous because I can't stay around tonite to help you much, but there are so many who can. Keep at this, keep asking for help, keep looking for your right path with this problem. Its here, or there, and we, or they, or someone, will help you find it!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Hi heart, and welcome. It sounds like you have come to that crossroads we all get to here with booze. To stop for family is important, but we have to want to do it for ourselves. All the meds and books and meetings won't help unless we are100% ready to do this for ourselves. You may find it a bit quiet here for a few hours, but there will be many more here to welcome you. So welcome to mwo and the start of your journey to sobriety.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Hi Heart. Welcome. Download the book if you can and read it. We're all in the same boat one way or another. Were here to help eachother in any way we can. Keep reading the posts and ask questions. I don't take the supplements, but alot of ppl here do and I'm sure they're be glad to help you. Just ask. There's also a thread about them. Don't be afraid. You can do it. Plenty of us have. Best of luck to you.
        Starting over again
        ray:

Comment

Scared but hopeful

By the way, go up to Just Starting Out and post again. There are no limits to your posts; in facts, it becomes sort of a badge of being here!!! There you may find more newcomers. But don't limit yourself to any area, and don't give up if you don't get results right away, OK. It takes a while for some of us, and I happen to be leaving tomorrow for a week, but there are some phenomenal, wonderful, magical, absolutely INSANE people here who will help you!
          Ruby
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Thank you Ruby. I wasn't sure where to start posting.

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Thank your everyone for your advice. Like I said I'm new at posting and am trying to figure out how to reply to you individually. I feel like such an idiot. lol

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Heart, I do not even know how I found this site, all I know is that everyone wants you to recover, no negativity, and friends are here. Go, girl and stay.

Comment

Scared but hopeful

New to posting? That is my first name! We are all wanting to listen. We can learn from you!

Comment

Scared but hopeful

Thank you! I know I am going to feel very welcome here.

Comment

Working...
                    X