Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone have a copy of this poem?

Hi,
    There was a poem posted on this site over a year ago that was about a woman who just changed. She didn't make a big proclamation...didn't make a big show of it...just changed. One day she just changed. Does anyone remember this poem and can you post it on the site. It was so inspirational and it touched me. I sure could use this poem again.
    Thanks.
    Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

HI WT,
    I have been actively reading and posting on MWO for the last year (well even longer than that). Do you remember any more about the poem, or who might have posted it? Are you sure it was a female? I am wracking my brain....

Comment

She let go.
      "She let go. Without a thought or a word, she let go.

She let go of the fear. She let go of the judgments. She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head. She let go of the committee of indecision within her. She let go of all the 'right' reasons. Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.
      She didn't ask anyone for advice. She didn't read a book on how to let go... She didn't search the scriptures. She just let go. She let go of all of the memories that held her back. She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward. She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn't promise to let go. She didn't journal about it. She didn't write the projected date in her Day-Timer. She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper. She didn't check the weather report or read her daily horoscope. She just let go.

She didn't analyze whether she should let go. She didn't call her friends to discuss the matter. She didn't do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment. She didn't call the prayer line. She didn't utter one word. She just let go.

No one was around when it happened. There was no applause or congratulations. No one thanked her or praised her. No one noticed a thing. Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.
      There was no effort. There was no struggle. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be. A small smile came over her face. A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore.

Comment

That's it! Thank you so much! I'm going to print it out this time. Thanks for both of your help.
        Wasted Time (NO MORE!)

Comment

I believe the Author is Earnest Holmes? I had to dig in my folder to find it. I forgot how much I loved this poem.

Comment

You are right, Shelby -- Ernest Holmes. (I am not familiar with him, though.)

sobriety girl: She let go.

Comment

Wow great poem, I just love it. Thank you for that. Think I'll print it out myself and pop it on the fridge.

xx

Comment

The real hard part, for me, is how simple it sounds, but how hard it is (at least for me) to truly let go. I know that is a big part of what is holding me back from true success.

Comment

CS-Letting go can be the hardest. But lately I've realized the only letting go that has to be done is in my heart. Alcohol brings me no pleasure any longer. Now that I have truely accepted that I abuse alcohol I can't even enjoy drinking it. I know all I'm doing is pouring poisen down my throat. I have been reading a great book and the author says to go in a room by yourself-no TV, no book, computer, phone, no distractions. And just sit there and drink. I haven't tried it but the point is that alcohol does not make life more fun! You will end up drunk and still sitting in a room. You have to reframe your mind to think of what you are gaining with sobriety and not what you are giving up. Retrain your brain to realize that you are "Letting Go" of hangovers, guilt, depression, killing yourself...

Best,
                  SS

Comment

CS,

Dr. Wayne Dyer said the other day something that struck me right between the eyes.

A paraphrase:
                    "If you want to change a habit you must have a rational reason to do so."

I think that is what you and I need to work on. The rational reason(s) we want to quit drinking. It will be different for everyone.

Hope you make it through today, CS. 2 in a row would give you a real boost.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

nice thread!!

Comment

I too like this thread a lot. Thanx :thanks:

Comment

What a lovely poem, I have just printed it out, very powerful!! thanks
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

Thanks - just what I needed. xxx
                            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                            X