Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Delma us Native Americans live under....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm part Native American and Spanish.......This is quite a delema, The Spanish burndened the natives.....yet we are part Spanish too ! All those that are mixed......Spanish and Native American.....Have to deal with all the wrongs the Spanish Crown did to us.......Here's a breif history of my peoples....Just thought I'ld share......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7deJXU4ZRG0[/video]]YouTube - The Tainos Part 1 By Iroquahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVQX31kyMoU[/video]]YouTube - The Tainos Part 2 By Iroquahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYk8IWrTzE[/video]]YouTube - The Tainos Part 3 By Iroqua Watch......the 3 threads....thanks ! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Thank youvery much IAD. I love learning about these cultures, altho heart-breaking.

Have you read Don Miguel Ruiz of the Toltec tradition? Not the very poular "The Four Agrreements" which just skims the surface, but the deeper, like hhis biography - 'Beyond Fear". Incredible.!!! These peoples had such power.

I am not proud to be a member of the caucasian race.

PS IAD..your avatar has always scared me...sorry..so often I would not read yor posts..sorry

Comment

Chrysa.......My avatar...only represents my favorite football team ......The Baltimore Ravens, had seasons tickets for 10 yrs. Gave them up to operate on my dog ( $2,000....surgery cost) So that my dog could have a normal life. He's my little buddy.......ACE (Chi) IAD.
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, First things first !!! Well your Avatar doesn't scare me........ and but I agree the issues between the native peoples and those who followed can be very heart breaking. LOVE the Spanish and LOVE the tribes of the Iroquois !!!
        I am of Swedish BLOOD but my parents divorced when I was an infant and my mother married into the Huron tribe. My step fathers mother was the tribes "story teller" .I spent my summers with her and I was her FAVORITE (WHY NOT ???). That means I was brought up with alot of native tradition in my background. I was the eldest child and the story telling was given to me to pass to my brothers.As we grew up they had very little interest in Native tradition so I went out to Pow Wows and passed these stories on. I became the most Swedish "Indian" you can ever imagine.
        Maybe because of this background and the fact that my Swedish family are all "spiritualist" i have given alot of thought to what it means to be different from the rest...in this WORLD and in this country.
        I have been lucky enough in my life to be able to travel a good bit of this world and see the way the rest of the people live..............To put it in a nutshell "there's no place like HOME " !!!
        As many faults as we have here, there simply is NO PLACE on planet earth that comes close to being better !!! and I am sure that my pal IAD agrees with me on this one !!!
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Your always on target Evie ! IAD .
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD I watched your movies. I like reading about different cultures also. It was so sad. Thanks for posting it.
            Starting over again
            ray:

Comment

Working...
            X