How long do you take Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have to take Topa for the rest of your life? It is working for me, but I am not happy with the side effects and I have a terrible time getting the pills. So, much so that I'm beginning to feel like a drug addict!!
    Pea

Hi, I'm new here, but how long have you been taking it? Why do you feel like an addict? what bad side affects are you having? Haven't you been consulting with your Doctor? I don't really think you should be having any problems with it? but maybe I'm wrong? Lee

Comment

Hi Peaches,

I know pple who intend to take topa for years. One person mentioned that their doctor said it would be at least a 2-3 year time to "rewire" from the topa. I think RJ has been taking long time too.

As for my experience with topa, I found it very helpful - but it was expensive since I obtained mine without insurance. I probably went up too fast in dosage also. I decided to stop when I found out that I would have a job change coming - must be totally on toes all day and highly articulate. The topa dopa, or stupamax effect, was a bit much for me.

If you are following the program and going up slowly in dose, the side effects should not be so bad. If you are careful with taking all the supps, such as L-Glutamine, perhaps you can take less topa and still get very good results. There are some ways to counteract specific side effects - such as taking grape seed extract for the tingles.

Perhaps it would be good for you to list the dosage you are taking and exactly what side effects are getting to you. Most likely, people on the board will have some advice for you in dealing with the side effects that are troubling you.

Good luck,
      Pansy

Comment

Better Living Through Chemistry!!

I'll take it for as long as I need to, months or years if I have to. I find that the longer I'm on it (at 200 mg now), the less the side effects bother me. I can still get the topa dopa stuff, but I'm getting older, and I could be pretty dopey and forgetful without the topa before, too! I mean long-term alcohol abuse plus aging (I'm 50) wasn't doing great things for my memory, either!

I'm sorry that you feel like a drug addict. I hope that you can find an easier way to get the topa Pea, so that you don't have to feel this way!

Good luck!

Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
        X