Take it one day at a Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are 2 days in every week about which we should not worry........2 days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.
    One of these days is YESTERDAY,with all its mistakes and cares,its faults and blunders and its aches and pains.YESTERDAY has passed forever beyound our control
    All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday.we cannot undo a single act preformed.we cannot erase a single word said. YESTERDAY is gone.
    The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW.
    tomorrow is beyound our control,it has not arrived.............yet
    Tomorrow,s sun will rise,wheather in splendour or behind a mask of clouds,but it will rise.untill it does,we have no stake in tomorrow
    This only leaves one day...............TODAY
    Anyone can fight the battles of just one-day.it is when you add the burdens of those two awfull days together YESTERDAY & TOMORROW that we break down.
    LET US THEREFORE LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

How true this is...I spend so much time worrying about the future and the past, that I am rarely in the now.
    Wise words Mario. I will work hard to remember this.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

this needs a bump up for all in the army thread today

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks, great thought. I had a hard time at work this week, then "rewarded" myself by drinking all weekend. Made me just so much sadder. I have a problem letting go of things, can't leave the past behind - has been a problem for years! Everybody makes mistakes - and I made an honest mistake at work, got dinged for it, and should just not worry about it. I will probably get dinged on my employee review, will not get a raise. Gotta let it go. Why can't I let things go? Anybody got any good mental exercises for being such a worry-wart? Gotta find some way to stop worrying that is NOT alcholol-related - alcohol never helps, just makes things worse!

Comment

RW, the best thing you can do is to stop your mind from thinking. I find what works for me is a basic form of meditation which is to focus on something like the sky, the trees anything to distract your mind from your negative thoughts. maybe start doing that for 10 seconds then try to increase it. if the thoughts come back in your head ...you can tell your mind to be quiet. I know it sounds hokey but it really is just a matter of interupting your mind. Eckert Tolle wrote a book called the Power of Now. It talks about how important it is to be able to do this. its saved me a bunch of times.

Also remorse keeps us sick. as long as you live in that remorseful state it is going to be really difficult to get sober.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks Mario, a really good post and something that I will remember
            :dancin: enguin:
            starting over

Comment

Working...
            X