Tough day-day 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough day-day 11

Day 11 and off and on at work I was wanting to go to the pub. But like clockwork as soon as I could I got on here and puff for now the urges are gone. But I feel like they could come back any time. I can't recall what thread gave me an idea but I want to put a list on why I shouldn't drink. If I miss something and/or you can think of something else then feel free to add to it. I so do not want to drink any alcohol. I love my date, its almost the 2 week mark and I don't want to screw up.

Why I shouldn't drink
    1. Sure I will have fun now, but I will feel guilty and think of you all.
    2. Hangover in the morning and I have to work tomorrow through it.
    3. I would have to start over at day 1.
    4. I may turn into a big crybaby.
    5. Its hot outside.
    6. No Special Occaison.
    7. Will not aid into my quit.
    8. Aganst my faith.
    9. I will hate myself for caving in.
    10. Why should I drink when being sober is so much funner.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Tough day-day 11

You're doing so well Alison.
    I'm very pleased for you.

I don't drink because I don't want want to. It made a mess of me and I'm pushing it further and further into the periphery of my thoughts, like a bad memory.

Comment

Tough day-day 11

Hi Alison!

It's very normal to start to think about drinking when you are starting to feel better. It's absolutely amazing how our selective memory works. It is a fabulous idea to post why you don't want to drink. Good job!

MM
      Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Tough day-day 11

you can!

Alison,

Hope you made it through the day, will check in later, but I am right here with ya!!!! Let's get to day day 12, I have started out on it already, I am a couple hours ahead of you and doug ok.......... Can't wait to hear from you!!!

MA
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tough day-day 11

You can do it!

Hi Allison,

Hang in there! I'm on day 91 and it is getting easier NOT to drink. Every time the thought crosses my mind to drink, I remember how deep that horrible pit is and the very thought of going back in is so repulsive, I just keep on looking forward.

The first 2 weeks after I quit, I just went to bed and slept and slept and slept. I guess I was just exhausted. It was rough enough and painful enough to keep be sober now. Keep looking ahead!

My thoughts are with you!

Comment

Tough day-day 11

DA, you are doing great. Day 11 was tough for me too and I had to do it twice! don't make that mistake, it isn't worth it. I love your post about the reason we shouldn't drink.You can do it.

Winefree

Comment

Working...
            X