Tasmania Crop Circles Explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike their larger mainland cousins, the wallabies of Tasmania appear to be more trippy than Skippy. No lesser an authority than the island's attorney general has discovered that hungry marsupials and thousands of acres of legal opium poppy fields do not mix.

"We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles," Lara Giddings told a budget hearing on Wednesday.

Nor does the problem end there. Even drugged-up marsupials, it seems, cannot break free of the physical law that demands that what goes up must come down.

"Then they crash," said Giddings. "We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," Rockliff told the Mercury newspaper.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

That is just hysterical!!!!!! Oh to be able to see that in action!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

She'd laugh her ass off. I'm going to PM her. :H
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I'm gonna get into the lingo here....it's a stretch for an American but I'm gonna give it a go...

FECKING BRILLIANT!!

Comment

I heard this on the radio yesterday and nearly wet myself laughing!! Too funny!!

The Escapist : News : Stoned Wallabies Blamed for Crop Circles
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Can they survive in the poppy fields of Afghanistan? May be a new way to fight the Taliban...
            - Tulipe
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
            AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X