I caved in yet I didn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I caved in yet I didn't

Yes you all are read correctly. I ended up going to the pub. I was close to not doing it but at the last minute I convinced myself to go in, so I did.

I had one drink but then I left before I had more. Course the drink was not alcohol. It was just a plain pepsi. Good thing to because I remembered that I had to get up early to help take a cat to the vets. So I am still AF and I was so excited when I left that I couldn't wait till I got home to tell you all.

And yes I gave both shoulders a pat. And its all thanks to you all. If it was only me, I would be drinking by now.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

I caved in yet I didn't

Drifty,

:goodjob:

You are changing habits and attitudes already. Very proud for you!!

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Thanks. Just thinking about my 11 days helped. I do not want to start over. If I fail this time I dunno if and when I want to attempt another quit.

That and the guilt, and the hangover I was going to have in the morning and *lists the other reasons*.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

YAY! Good for you.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

I'm so glad you didn't drink, Alison! But you may have just dodged a bullet. You posted a few hours ago: "I am struggling to remain sober. I am in chat now and I am all alone. If I don't hear anything by the time dinner is done. I may just drink".

I only bring this up because I have been there so many times. For me, when I am feeling like that the last place I should be is a place that serves alcohol. Please take this as a caring post. You have to protect your sobriety by staying as far away from AL as you can in the beginning. I have canceled a big fund raiser next week, an event where I have clients flying in. I turned down dinner and music tonight with friends because it is at a bar. I just don't trust myself yet. There are so many places that don't serve alcohol; movies, a walk or just home watching TV or reading (but I have removed all alcohol out of the house). For me, I know I have to draw a firm NO AL circle around me for at least 30 days.

I hope you are feeling stronger after your night of saying no - congratulations!! But, I would be carefully about testing the waters just yet.. :l

MM
          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Love to you Alison! you can do it. xoxo.

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

So glad you stuck with it! A bit tempting though, so be careful about the pubs.

Winefree

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Drifty, You ARE A STAR!
                Just be careful if these thoughts come bothering you in the future OK?
                You know chatting helps, being here etc. Make sure you are prepared.
                Well done.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Crumbs you had me going for a second there -- WELL DONE!!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Great job Drifty. We're all proud of you.
                    Tulipe
                    Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                    AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

WOW!!!

:goodjob:
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Great job girl!!!

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Well done Alison,
                          You are doing yourself the best favour you can.
                          And I think Meditation Mama is right too. By placing yourself in a drinking environment your not making it any easier. I'm really impressed that you just took a Pepsi though.
                          Keep it up Girl

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

Nice work Drifty!!!! Huge!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

I caved in yet I didn't

*pat!*

*pat-pat-pat-pat-pat-pat-pat-pat-pat!*

*PAT!*
                              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X