Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Months Sober!

Hi all,

Well, I finally did it! I had my last drink March 25, 2009 and it is now June 26, 2009 and I haven't touched a drop! I've lost almost 20 pounds since, which is another big plus. My liver enzymes went from 76/53 to 20/26 in 6 weeks. Awesome! I feel like a new woman, like I have a whole new life with a lot more opportunities.

The MWO supplements have been critical to my success. They really have helped me stay the course. But it does start with a "made up mind". That's the challenge: getting to that made up mind. For me, it was desperation that turned the tide. My doctor called me in to discuss my elevated liver enzymes. That scared the poop out of me! I put it down that day and haven't looked back.

I've been walking every day and swimming 3 times a week. I got a juicer and have been juicing fruits and vegetables to make my liver happy. It worked. My enzymes went back to normal. I'm still nursing my liver because I believe it will take several months or even a couple of years to regain my health totally. I am on the right track though!

3 Months Sober!

DM, that is SO GREAT. I am so pleased for you....:goodjob:

Can I ask, what your supplements were at the start, and what you still take, other than the veggie and fruit juices? Are you on topamax? Any/all of the other MWO supplements that are recommended??

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Supplements

Hi Scrubbly,

Thank you very much! I took the Kudzu religiously and GABA, B-50, Calmes Forte, L-Glute, Amino Complete, SAMe and True Calm. I quit taking the Kudzu, but I continue to take the GABA, L-Glute, SAMe, True Calm, Amino Complete plus the Vit +75 by MWO.

I tried taking the Topamax and even Antebuse, but it wasn't until my doctor told me my liver enzymes were elevated that I got scared enough to put it down for good. I've sort of put it in the same compartment as cigarettes and downers. It is something I just can't have in my life anymore. Somehow I finally go my mind around it. That was my big challenge. I still rely on the supplements to help my mood and my liver.

My aunt died of liver failure at age 30 from alcohol poisoning. I got scared I would die like she did. It wasn't pretty. This is the longest time I've been off alcohol since 2000. It's getting easier with each passing day.

:thanks:

Comment

3 Months Sober!

WoW DM
        Well done on your 3 months A/F, you should be so proud of yourself, keep up the good work
        :dancin: enguin:
        starting over

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Thanks Ronnie,

I am so relieved and so excited at the possibilities facing me without the ball and chain of alcohol. Not to mention how much money I'm saving!

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Good for you DM!!!
            I'm approaching the 2 month mark in a couple of days and can hardly believe it.
            I feel so much more alert in the daytime and can actually concentrate in the evenings, go figure.
            My liver enzymes were up a bit too. I'm hoping they will come down on check in July. So far have lost 15 pounds. I hope they keep coming off.

Keep it up.

winefree

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Thanks Winefree, and a big congratulations to you! I absolutely love not having a hangover every morning and having to take the entire day to recover from the night before. Keep up the good work!

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Thanks for sharing your success story! keep it up!

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Way to go dm .... this is a huge success. You sound so determined and have your mind "made up" . That resolve will carry you through any tough days you encounter.

Great joy to you!
                  AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

3 Months Sober!

I am so relieved and so excited at the possibilities facing me without the ball and chain of alcohol
                    Hi Dmtodd thanks for posting, a big well done I bet you feel good today. I love that comment, it is so full of hope for life.
                    Hey Winefree nice one on the two months fast approaching.
                    I am on Day 47 today and honestly cant remember feeling this good for years, eating healthy with lots of swimming and walking.

To anyone just starting out and reading this I hope you can read the happiness and relief here. It really is a different world sober.
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Congrats! Well done!

Comment

3 Months Sober!

DM, your a walking, talking ad for the power of this program, and what CAN be. Thanks for posting your success story!
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

3 Months Sober!

Good job! I call it "getting my life back." I can now do the things I want to do, and I have many interests. Alcohol was taking them all away, I was just doing what I had to do.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                          X