Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Next Day Thread, Sat 27th June

Hi Everyone
    Well I got out of soccer practise as it is raining, although I had no intentions of going anyway!!!!
    But I do have to go tomorrow as my boys are playing thier matches but it's not meant to be raining then (hopefully)
    Today I am going to clean my house from top to bottom as I need a kick up the back side as I have been feeling down this past week, I dont really know why apart from huuby is being very very selfish AGAIN!!!!! plus its winter!!! And cleaning and seeing the end result i.e. lovely clean tidy house that I have done normally cheers me up.
    Plus I have an evening with just me & my boys as hubby is off to a party and kids are not allowed to go so I said that I will stay hear which means I have total control over the TV remote WHOPPEE:H
    Well I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Hi Ronnie,

Your night in sounds great! Do you record when you feel down, if there is a pattern it may be hormonal?
    I'm hiding out in my bedroom today. As much as I love my Dad and stepmum, 3 weeks of full time togetherness is taking its toll! I have college stuff to do, so Mr Sweats is going to take them out. They want to do a Champagne Brunch tomorrow, (freeflow champagne for 3 hours), but suprisingly I'm not keen!

Have a good Saturday - I'll be thinking of you all inyour UTES while I'm pottering about in my mini......
    Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi everyone

So long since I last checked in and I have been sober for all that time. My not drinking was part of a new life that I was trying to build. I still log-on and read because I know that 2 months is not long enough to change such big patterns. As I have finally fallen pregnant I know that I will be AF for around the next 18 months. I have learnt so much since my last pregnancies that I am hoping that when the time comes again to have a drink that I will be a social/moderator drinker. I now I need never have to take a drink again, but I also know that the mind can play powerful tricks, and after a while I may start to think I have recovered (don't think we ever really do!). This site has given me the tools to recognise my drinking patterns and styles.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on their journeys.

Ezz

Comment

Ezz- many congrats on your blessing to come! You are right, it is a perfect break to take stock and re-evaluate things. Wish I had after my last son was born. Take good care!!

Comment

Hi everyone

I've not been on properly for ages as I've been really bad at the moment and not trying to moderate or anything - just doing what I want. Got a stinking hangover this morning after works night out last night where I think I was the only one pissed.. Dreading Monday, guess you guys will understand.

A big congratulations Ezz, on being pregnant, what exciting news and I hope you are feeling OK.Well done on being sober so long and now you have the best incentive to stay that way.

Sorry you've been feeling a bit down Ronnie and sorry I've not been in touch. Just been working all the time and drinking at weekends and I've been too ashamed to post on here. Went to a housewarming party last Sat night and I was so drunk!! Nearly went in the pool although it was freezing. I wouldn't have won any parent of the year awards as my son was left to his own devices. How are you getting on with af/moderating, Ron?

Hi Betty, enjoy your studying and I know what you mean about the full-time togetherness as my Dad and stepmum came to visit me her from the UK, a few months back for 7 weeks.

I think I need to get back on track with af - I might start on Monday as I have a couple of friends coming over tomorrow in the afternoon for wine and nibbles. I will only have a couple - I am determined - and then on Monday try and go for 30 days again.

Boozy xxx

Comment

Afternoon all,

Ronnie - you clean for pleasure? That's just sick, sick, sick. Nah- just joking. I take it Mr. Ronnie is still in deep doo-doo?

Betts - I would also be avoiding a Fizz brunch - way too dangerous. How are the oldies enjoying their last week? Touristed out yet?

Ezz - Congratulations! That's one hell of an incentive to stay AF.

Hi Scribbly!

Boozy - oh cringe. Pissed at a work function, so not good. I really feel for you but hey, get tomorrow out of the way and have a real good crack at it starting Monday.

Nothing exciting to report here - weather not condusive for outdoor jobbies so it might be a movie and crossword afternoon. Have a safe, sober Saturday night, everyone.

Comment

Hi Nextday'ers,

I'm on the east coast of the US, just got home a little while ago and am rather awake, although it's just after midnight. I can speak Aussie if I need to! (I did spend a summer in China a few years back, so I know what it's like to be literally halfway around the world.)

Hope everyone is having a good start to your Saturday! I have to work tomorrow.

Comment

Day 13 is tomoorow. Will be AF!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi. I notice I have a few PMs. Sorry, I am using a friend's PC. Mine has shat itself. I have only told my friend that I am using this computer to check emails. I am fine but not able to be online. Love Pan
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09
                  AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Evening folk's!
                    All is well here. Nice to see you Pan. And Boozy girl, never be ashamed, fullstop, and never be too ashamed to post here. You are very welcome no matter what, so please jump in!
                    CS. Wow, you went to China? Great to have you drop in, you globetrotter you.
                    No champagne for you, Betty!
                    Well done Allison, and Ezz, great to see you, and congratulation's. That's beautiful, and glad to hear you're going well.
                    A safe, sober w/kend to all!..........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                    X